The Accounting Manager reports to the Controller. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, general ledger accountability, and financial reporting, as well as financial profitability analysis and other special projects as assigned.
- Prepare monthly financial statements, reports and records by collecting, analyzing and summarizing account information.
- Responsible for general ledger and making journal entries
- Provide technical guidance, mentoring, and ensure consistent application of cost accounting principles across all companies
- Implement standardize costing method for inventory valuation across all companies and business formats
- Lead strategic discussion on costing methodology for future scenarios
- Act as key liaison to operations (i.e. cultivation, processing, and purchasing)
- Drive continuous improvement and own the quarterly standard cost updates
- Manage and maintain inventory levels and assess on a quarterly basis for excess and obsolescence reserves
- Maintain and reconcile all inventory related accounts on the P&L and B&S
- Analysis of manufacturing variances and capitalization of variances
- Review monthly financial statements for accuracy
- Prepare monthly financial packages
- Develop KPI metrics and reporting for Senior Leadership to measure against
- Develop knowledge of all areas of the business to drive cost saving initiatives and efficiencies
- Responsible for balancing inventory between multiple systems to ensure accuracy
- Develop process for physical inventories across all companies and business formats
- Provide support in reconciling credit card transactions
- Research and reconcile all discrepancies
- Provide support for annual audit and tax reviews
- Responsible for preparing monthly, quarterly, annual tax filings (as needed)
- Follow internal controls and adhere to all GAAP Standards
- Financial and profitability analysis on a requested basis.
- Degree in Accounting or Finance; preferably MBA and/or CMA or CPA certification
- 7-10 years of direct experience in accounting, reporting, and costing leadership within a large, professionally managed operating company
- Manufacturing background with in-depth knowledge of GAAP, cost accounting, and financial reporting for a manufacturing organization
- Experience leading diverse global financial consolidations in an accurate and timely manner
- Demonstrated experience in a large, multinational, heavily matrixed organization
- Possess a strong knowledge of cost accounting principles including capitalization of variances, E&O reserves, and experience with rolling standard costs
- Good Phone Communications Skills.
- Strong Computer Skills (Proficient in Quickbooks is a plus).
- Accuracy in daily work and other projects.
- Ability to meet communicated schedules and deadlines.
- Adherence to policies, procedures and instructions set forth by the company and Controller of Finance.
- Ability to maintain good working relationships with vendors and department teams.
- Ability to function as a team player.
Please note: This client is not accepting candidates submitted by other staffing firms or agencies at this time. Thank you.
Applicants for this opportunity must have an unrestricted right to work in the United States. [Persons in H-l, L-l, and OPT EAD status do not have unrestricted right to work.]
VALiNTRY Services and all its divisions are equal opportunity employers. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or any other federal or state protected category.
For immediate response please forward resumes to [email protected]
For a full list of our current Financial and Administrative openings, please visit https://valintryfinancial.com/
Fill this out to apply
Already have an account? Sign in.