AUDIT MANAGER – Harrison NY
The Audit Manager will work closely with partners, staff, and clients to facilitate completion of engagements. The individual should be able to perform and direct a broad range of accounting tasks and assist the engagement partner in the development of audit strategy, planning, review and interpretation of audit findings within the Non-profit industry, including social service agencies, affordable housing providers, voluntary health and welfare organizations, educational institutions and others. The individual will also work with audit staff managing the engagement and performing audit procedures to the appropriate extent. These duties will include (but are not limited to):
- Oversee the efforts of multiple client engagements in the Non-profit industry with the ability to manage budgets.
- Maintain active communication with clients to manage expectations, ensure satisfaction, and lead change efforts.
- Consult, work with and service client base to make recommendations on business and process improvement.
- Understand and manage Firm risk on audits and proposals.
- Identify and communicate to management suggestions to improve client internal controls and accounting procedures.
- Manage, develop, train and mentor staff on projects and assess performance for engagement and year-end reviews.
- Actively participate in recruiting talent for the Firm.
- Attend professional development, networking events and training seminars on a regular basis.
- Interact with potential clients and work with Partners to create proposals to generate new business.
- Adhere to the highest degree of professional standards and strict client confidentiality.
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree in Accounting required.
- Active CPA license required.
- 6+ years’ progressive experience in public accounting with extensive experience within Non-profit industry required.
- Significant experience in the industry or technical expertise in financial reporting.
- Single audit experience
- Experience with Consolidated Fiscal Reports (CFR) and State Standards of Payment (SSOP) a plus.
- Excellent analytical, technical, and auditing skills
- Ability to interact with potential clients and generate new business.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and strong work ethic.
- Ability to research complex accounting and auditing issues.
- Excellent communication and computer skills.
- Ability to work additional hours as needed and travel to various local client sites via personal car is required.
Fill this out to apply
Already have an account? Sign in.