CPA Audit Manager – Oak Brook, IL
VALiNTRY’s CPA Division works exclusively in Public Accounting as a premier, nationwide provider of staffing services for Big 4, Large, Mid-size and Small firms. As a result, recent public accounting experience is required.
This position provides leadership and management by directing all phases of engagement planning and administration. Provides a wide range of compliance and consulting services by developing knowledge to enable a proactive planning approach that maximizes efficiencies and minimizes liabilities.
- Lead and plan projects and client engagement
- Provide timely and high-quality services and work. Lead the engagement team in delivering products and services
- Direct all phases of planning and administration for engagements
- Research, write and review complex planning strategies, services and client advice
- Oversee billing and collections of clients
- Monitor and adhere to engagement time budget
- Manage client relationship
- Maintain active communication to manage expectations and ensure client satisfaction
- Respect the confidential and independent nature of the client relationships
- Address and resolve client issues
- Manage staff
- Manage and lead the staff through counsel, guidance and coaching. Impart knowledge, facilitate staff development and provide training and learning experiences
- Effectively delegate and oversee the work efforts by setting goals, providing resources and removing obstacles
- Evaluate performance and work efforts; provide input to team leader and participate in performance appraisals process. Assist in managing and improving underperformance
- Demonstrate excellent team skills, positive attitude and high ethical standards
- Actively facilitate effective team building
- Pursue new business development
- Identify additional areas of service to offer current clients. Convert opportunities for additional service and new business into engagements for the firm
- Maintain primary and active relationships with key business contacts, key clients and referral sources
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting required. Master’s Degree or other advanced degree desired
- CPA required
- Minimum of five (5) years of progressive experience in professional tax accounting functions including a minimum of two (2) years of supervisory responsibilities required
- Demonstrated management, analytical, organization, interpersonal, project management, communication skills, and highly developed software and Microsoft Suite skills (Word, Excel) required
- Ability to lead and supervise others, provide exceptional client service, demonstrate commitment to continuous learning in order to stay current regarding applicable strategies, see the "big picture" as well as the details, display appropriate ethical knowledge and commitment, and exhibit a sense of urgency and commitment to quality and the timely completion of projects
As a reminder, we can only represent candidates with recent public accounting experience. Thank you for understanding.
Okay, we just need a little more information...
Already have an account? Sign in.