Audit Manager – DC
VALiNTRY’s CPA Division works exclusively in Public Accounting as a premier, nationwide provider of staffing services for Big 4, Large, Mid-size and Small firms. Current or/and very recent Public Accounting experience will be REQUIRED.
- Performing other duties as assigned from time to time by the firm's partners.
- Assist partners with assessing the Firm’s continuing professional development offerings to staff.
- Monitor the firms accounting and research library and ensure it is current and relevant to the Firm’s service offerings.
- Serve as technical researcher for consulting, audit and attestation service engagements and be able to respond to technical questions as they arise.
- Serve as engagement quality control reviewer for audit, review and compilation engagements for the firm. The engagement quality control reviewer does not make decisions for the engagement team or otherwise participate in the performance of the engagement except in a consulting role.
- Assist with preparing the firm for peer review. Hold staff responsible for preparing audit, review and compilations deliverables as well as work paper documentation in accordance with professional standards and the Firm’s Quality Control Policies and Procedures.
- May be called upon to perform consulting engagements as assigned such as controllership services, buyer and seller acquisition assistance, etc.
- May be called upon to be the administrator of audit and attestation related software such as ProSystems Fx Engagement, PPC Smart and Checkpoint, and Sageworks Profitcents
- Stay abreast of new technologies that may be useful for managing and administrating the Firm. If a technology is deemed useful to the Firm, evaluate the technology and perform cost benefit analysis of such technologies prior to moving forward on implementation.
- Stay current on changes to the CPA profession and how it impacts our firm. Circulate within the firm relevant information about new or emerging changes in professional standards and regulatory and legal requirements or business activities.
- Be an excellent communicator, able to communicate effectively directly with business owners and other clients.
- Assume responsibility for planning, supervising, and completing engagements.
- Plan the timing and assigning of staff to engagements.
- Review engagement work papers, resolve any problems, and keep the partner informed of all important developments in the engagement.
- Possess a working knowledge of firm technology, including the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; and firm engagement management, tax preparation, and time and billing software. The firm uses CCH ProSystems Fx for Audit and Tax as well as PPC Smart Tools and Checkpoint. Must have working knowledge of commonly used general ledger software packages such as QuickBooks.
- Prepare client billings.
- Supervise both staff accountants and seniors, provide feedback to them, and evaluate their progress.
- Become an expert in assigned areas.
- Develop new client contacts and relationships beneficial to the firm.
- Assist in administrative functions as assigned by the partners.
- Recognize opportunities to provide additional services to existing clients
Bachelor’s Degree Required
CPA/Eligible Designation Required
3+ years of experience required
1201 S. Orlando Avenue, Suite 440
Winter Park, FL 32789
T: 941.417.5505 | M: 941.504.3752
E: [email protected]
As a reminder, we can only represent candidates with recent public accounting experience. Thank you for understanding.
Okay, we just need a little more information...
Already have an account? Sign in.