VALiNTRYfinancial specializes in helping Highly Qualified CPA's find amazing new opportunities. As with all our Public Accounting roles, to be considered you must have 3+ years of current / recent U.S. based Public Accounting Firm experience and your U.S. State issued CPA License must be Active or in process.
About this Opportunity:
The Senior Accountant's focus in on perfecting his/her skills and knowledge base in accounting and audit while actively assisting less experienced Staff in their development. The Senior Accountant will perform diversified accounting and auditing assignments as assigned by management. In addition, the Senior Accountant will train and develop the technical skills of the Staff Accountants through review of their work and oversight of their daily responsibilities. As a Senior Accountant gains more experience and proficiency, he or she is given more responsibilities and more difficult tasks, which could involve some of the duties and responsibilities of a Manager.
- Applying the knowledge obtained through previous work experience as a staff, performs diversified accounting and auditing assignments as assigned by management.
- Utilizes analytical skills to perform review functions as well as identify issues not discovered at the Staff level.
- Serves as the primary day-to-day contact for the staff team members and effectively communicates with them both in assigning and reviewing work.
- Demonstrates the ability to logically determine the accuracy of work completed and conclusions reached.
- Clears any review comments for the work performed by the staff.
- Prepares complete work papers in conformity with standards including scope/conclusion narrative, adequate supporting documentation, tick mark and work paper cross references.
- Demonstrates working knowledge of clients' business needs by beginning to identify and resolves issues through the engagement process.
- Obtains an annual utilization budget of 1,850 chargeable hours.
- Bachelor's degree plus completion of additional course hours necessary to be qualified to sit for the CPA exam.
- Should have CPA license or actively working towards achieving CPA license.
- 2-4 years previous experience as a Staff Accountant in Auditing
Bachelor's Degree Required
CPA Designation Required
3+ years of experience required
Joe DiGennaro * National Sales & Recruitment Manager
1201 S. Orlando Ave., Suite 440 * Winter Park, FL 32789
O: 407-392-3128 * M: 407-917-7584
Okay, we just need a little more information...
Already have an account? Sign in.