Audit Senior – Columbia, Maryland
VALiNTRY’s CPA Division works exclusively in Public Accounting as a premier, nationwide provider of staffing services for Big 4, Large, Mid-size and Small firms. As a result, recent public accounting experience is required.
About this Opportunity:
The key to providing exceptional client service is more than hiring the best talent. It’s about fostering a work environment where you feel like you’re part of a successful and supportive team. You can expect a different working experience at our firm; one that is encouraging, where you can make an impact. Our goal is to provide you with challenging and rewarding opportunities that will lead to greater career satisfaction. Our firm has been proudly been awarded as a “Best Place to Work” by the Baltimore Business Journal, Baltimore Sun and Accounting Today numerous times. Here, you’ll find great benefits, competitive salaries, training and unlimited growth potential in a friendly working environment. At our firm, we regard our employees as the most valuable asset and resource to the success of our firm. We are committed to understanding the needs of our employees.
We are currently seeking a polished, self-motivated, detail-oriented leader with 3+ years recent audit experience at a CPA firm to lead & execute audit & accounting engagements (including benefit plan and A-133 audits) for privately-held businesses, high-net worth-individuals and non-profit organizations. Duties may include monthly write-up; financial statement preparation; compilation or review services; audit engagements including planning audit strategies and programs, execution of audit procedures (internal controls evaluation, substantive testing, and financial reporting); establish & cultivate professional client relationships and supervise & train audit staff.
- Prepare and monitor budgets on all audit jobs assigned
- Begin to identify opportunities to sell additional services to existing clients and with management participation in selling these services
- Know federal and state tax laws
- Perform all duties on tax checklist (gather information needed to prepare tax returns)
- Begin centralizing continued education in areas of interest (become more specialized)
- Read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or government regulations
- Assist upper levels in preparation of CPE Seminars and research projects
- Perform other assigned duties, as requested
- Continue to improve and develop effective oral and written communication skills
- Communicate with supervisor, senior manager and partner on engagement status
- Continue to gain client’s confidence through responsiveness and effective relationships
- Relate well with client service team and other Firm associates
- Begin developing mentoring skills
- Apply Firm’s mission statement to all aspects of service approach
- Display enthusiasm for work
- Participate in marketing skills development
- Recognize the importance of existing clients and obtaining new clients
- Look for opportunities to expand services to existing and new clients.
- Position requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field
- CPA license or progression towards obtaining
- Sound client management and technical audit abilities
- A professional demeanor; the ability to thrive in a team-oriented environment; professional interaction with clients and staff
- Strong communication, customer service and PC skills, including experience in a paperless office environment, are a must.
- ProSystem fx Engagement software proficiency is a plus
Bachelor’s Degree Required
CPA/Eligible Designation Required
2+ years of experience required
1201 S. Orlando Avenue, Suite 440
Winter Park, FL 32789
T: 941.417.5505 | M: 941.504.3752
E: [email protected]
Fill this out to apply
Already have an account? Sign in.