VALiNTRY’s CPA Division works exclusively in Public Accounting as a premier, nationwide provider of staffing services for Big 4, Large, Mid-size and Small firms. As a result, recent public accounting experience is required.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Audit Senior Associates perform most work assigned with a minimum of assistance. They often lead one or more associates, instruct them on work to be performed, review the work done, and direct necessary revisions. Senior Associates are required to make decisions on all but the most unusual accounting and auditing matters.
- Performs diversified accounting and auditing assignments under the direction of supervisor, manager, senior manager, principal, or partner.
- Demonstrates competency in technical skills, work quality, and application of professional and firm standards.
- Meets time constraints and client deadlines.
- Participates in planning and scheduling client engagements.
- Directs and instructs assistants, seniors, staff, and interns, where applicable, in work to be performed and working paper review.
- Determines the extent of test-checking required in an audit and selects the transactions to be tested.
- Prepares and indexes working papers; performs various procedures established under generally accepted accounting principles and generally accepted auditing standards to verify accuracy and validity of client's financial matters.
- Prepares routine correspondence to client for approval and signature of a partner; writes comments for management letters.
- Performs the broadest range of accountant tasks so that direct participation of supervisors, managers, or partners is kept to a minimum.
- “In-charge” of audits, reviews, or compilations; responsible for all stages of the engagement—planning, fieldwork and wrap-up.
- Prepares financial statements and apply areas of GAAP.
- Makes suggestions to improve client processes and accounting procedures.
- Responsible for training and supervising Associates
- Prepares staff evaluation reports for the review and approval of manager and partner.
- Document, validate, develop tests and assess various control systems.
- Such other duties as may be assigned.
Experience, Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- At least three (3) years’ experience in public accounting, demonstrating a progression in complexity of auditing and accounting tasks.
- Either hold a current and valid certified public accountant's license or be working toward obtaining the license by taking and passing the applicable state CPA exam.
- If licensed, should be a member in good standing with the American Institute of CPAs.
- Proficiency in use of computers and computer accounting software programs.
- Bachelor's degree in business, with emphasis in Accounting.
Joe DiGennaro * National Sales & Recruitment Manager
1201 S. Orlando Ave., Suite 440 * Winter Park, FL 32789
O: 407-392-3128 * M: 407-917-7584
Okay, we just need a little more information...
Already have an account? Sign in.