Audit Senior – Houston
- Seniors possess the ability to handle the day-to-day planning of client engagements.
- Supervise the activities of staff assigned to audit engagements.
- Perform and have a strong knowledge capital of all audit functions.
- Assist junior staff with understanding general audit practices, as well as practices, procedures and system.
- Possess the desire and ability to maintain positive client relationships and cross sell the firm's other services.
- Collect and analyze data to detect deficient controls, accounting errors and irregularities, fraud, or non-compliance with laws and regulations.
- Prepare detailed audit report findings.
- SEC reporting experience preferred.
- Interview clients' staff to ensure recording of transactions and compliance with laws and regulations.
- Examine and evaluate financial and information systems, recommending controls to ensure system reliability and integrity.
- Perform research when necessary.
- Take complete ownership of specific aspects of the engagement and see them through to completion.
- Effectively utilize engagement software.
- Strong communication, research, analytical and writing skills.
- Proven technical skills with Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Experience with accounting software, ProSystem FX engagement preferred.
- Solid organization skills with a demonstrated ability to multi-task.
- 3+ years independent audit experience in public accounting.
- Bachelors or Master's degree in Accounting.
- CPA certification or completion of the CPA exam within a year preferred; 150 credits required.
- Knowledge of accounting principles and auditing/tax standards to effectively supervise staff and solve routine engagement problems
For immediate consideration please send your Resume/CV to [email protected]
Joe DiGennaro * National Sales & Recruitment Manager
1201 S. Orlando Ave., Suite 440 * Winter Park, FL 32789
O: 407-392-3128 * M: 407-917-7584
Please keep in mind that we can only work with candidates that have recent public accounting experience within the past 3 years.
Fill this out to apply
Already have an account? Sign in.