Audit Senior – CPA
VALiNTRY's CPA Division works exclusively in Public Accounting as a premier, nationwide provider of staffing services for Big 4, Large, Mid-size and Small firms. As a result, recent public accounting experience is required.
Possess complete knowledge of the Firm's philosophy and is conversant with its quality control policies and procedures. Primarily responsible for larger and more complex engagements and may oversee two or more engagements simultaneously. Assumes responsibility for supervising engagements and special assignments, can review work papers and financial statements, and can communicate with clients on a one-to-one basis. Expected to participate in administrative planning, particularly in continuing education and personnel development.
Supports the Firm's mission, vision and values by exhibiting the following behaviors: excellence and competence, teamwork, collaboration, innovation, respect, personalization, commitment, and accountability.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Able to establish workload priorities
- Perform assigned tasks on engagements or projects in a timely manner
- Understand assignments and follow instructions
- Able to analyze complex matters
- Organize and prepare work papers clearly, neatly, and accurately
- Learn client's business as it relates to particular areas or assignment
- Able to work independently
Knowledge and Technical Skills:
- Able to supervise engagements and special assignments using established Firm policies and procedures
- Coordinate various phases of engagements: plan engagements, budget time and expenses, monitor actual performance against budget, review working papers for accuracy and completeness, and review financial statements for suitability of presentation and adequacy of disclosures
- Resolve accounting and auditing problems as they arise
- Provide supervision and on-the-job training to staff assigned to audit engagement
- Analyze and evaluate clients' internal control systems
- Support training of staff members offer guidance and direction and provide feedback of work papers
- Assign work to staff members based on their knowledge and capabilities
- Ensure that work papers, financial statements, representation letters and management letters are prepared in accordance with generally accepted professional and Firm standards
- Continue to develop long-term professional relationships with clients through exceptional client service including: communicate engagement's progress, problems, resolutions, financial information, tax activity and other business concerns to the client
- Review with manager or partner significant findings that raise questions involving accounting principles or statement presentation
- Identify opportunities to sell additional services to existing clients and with management participation in selling these services
- Read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or government regulations
- Prepare staff evaluation reports
- Prepare client billing statements on a monthly basis
- Prepare CPE Seminars (with assistance of lower levels)
- Perform other assigned duties, as requested
- Responsible for the supervision of senior, semi-senior and staff auditors.
- Knowledge of Windows, Word, Excel, IDEA, DS2, Adobe Acrobat, TValue and Research Tools to produce work papers, working trial balances, related spreadsheets and perform audit procedures.
Educations and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting required.
- A Master's degree preferred
- CPA certificate is required.
- Accounting experience – 3 to 5 years.
For immediate consideration please send your Resume/CV to [email protected]
Joe DiGennaro * National Sales & Recruitment Manager
1201 S. Orlando Ave., Suite 440 * Winter Park, FL 32789
O: 407-392-3128 * M: 407-917-7584
Fill this out to apply
Already have an account? Sign in.