Audit Senior – Melville, NY
- Seniors possess the ability to handle the day-to-day planning of client engagements.
- Supervise the activities of staff assigned to audit engagements.
- Perform and have a strong knowledge capital of all audit functions.
- Assist junior staff with understanding general audit practices, as well as practices, procedures and system.
- Possess the desire and ability to maintain positive client relationships and cross sell the firm's other services.
- Collect and analyze data to detect deficient controls, accounting errors and irregularities, fraud, or non-compliance with laws and regulations.
- Prepare detailed audit report findings.
- SEC reporting experience preferred.
- Interview clients' staff to ensure recording of transactions and compliance with laws and regulations.
- Examine and evaluate financial and information systems, recommending controls to ensure system reliability and integrity.
- Perform research when necessary.
- Take complete ownership of specific aspects of the engagement and see them through to completion.
- Effectively utilize engagement software.
- Strong communication, research, analytical and writing skills.
- Proven technical skills with Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Experience with accounting software, ProSystem FX engagement preferred.
- Solid organization skills with a demonstrated ability to multi-task.
- 3+ years independent audit experience in public accounting.
- Bachelors or Master's degree in Accounting.
- CPA certification or completion of the CPA exam within a year preferred; 150 credits required.
- Knowledge of accounting principles and auditing/tax standards to effectively supervise staff and solve routine engagement problems
Please keep in mind that we can only work with candidates that have recent public accounting experience within the past 3 years.
Okay, we just need a little more information...
Already have an account? Sign in.