Audit Senior – New York City, NY
VALiNTRY’s CPA Division works exclusively in Public Accounting as a premier, nationwide provider of staffing services for Big 4, Large, Mid-size, and Small firms. As a result, recent public accounting experience is required.
ABOUT THIS OPPORTUNITY:
Our client is one of the world’s leading independent audit, tax and advisory firms, boasting more than 6,500 professionals in over 30 Offices nationwide.
They help dynamic organizations on all levels unlock their growth potential by providing relevant, significant, and innovative advice.
Led by friendly, open-minded Partners, our firm uses professional insight and earned experience to understand and find solutions for complex issues faced by privately owned, publicly listed and public sector clients.
When you join this firm, you’re getting more than just a job; you’re making a difference and becoming part of the “team experience”.
Simply put, the “team experience” involves building a healthy, high-performing cultural atmosphere where people feel valued, respected, and encouraged to contribute to the very best of their abilities.
At the very heart of it all, our people drive our passion for the business of accounting. Our Professionals live, breathe, and continually exhibit these three core principles: People, Professional Development, & Diversity.
As a firm fully committed to creating an environment where you can thrive professionally and personally
our client offers very competitive salaries and benefits.
Among the benefits offered:
- Salary Range of $65,000 – $85,000
- Medical and Dental insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability insurance
- PTO – paid time off
- Discretionary bonuses
- Savings and investments: 401(k) plan with company match
- CPA review course and exam reimbursement
- Tuition reimbursement
- Corporate discounts
- Run client engagements from start to finish.
- Perform, assist and supervise audits, reviews and compilations for various types of clients.
- Prepare and analyze financial statements, evaluate internal controls, closely supervise staff members and communicate effectively with clients.
- Develop reasonable time budgets and effectively monitor performance of Staff.
- Delegate to, supervise and evaluate Staff.
- Effectively assist on multiple smaller financial services engagements simultaneously as necessary.
- Provide training and motivation to Staff.
- Act as a mentor to Staff and assist with recruiting and retention.
- Develop positive relationships with client personnel.
- Identify potential opportunities for new and/or extended client services.
- 2-4 years of experience working in a public accounting firm.
- 2-4 years of Engagement Running experience.
- Lead and develop an Audit Staff
- Strong leadership, business development, recruiting, training, coaching, and mentoring skills.
- Strong-to-quite strong written, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
- Multi-task and manage multiple responsibilities
- Industry experience with one or more of the following – Publicly & Privately Held Companies, Government Agencies, Financial Institutions, Civic and Religious Organizations, Consumer and Industrial Products, Financial Services, Not-for-Profit, Private Equity, and Technology.
- Proficiency with personal computers including spreadsheet software programs, general ledger packages, and computerized audit applications. Experience with and/or Engagement is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting – Master’s Degree preferred
- CPA certified, eligible, or working towards obtaining your license.
- Frequent same day travel
- Occasional out-of-town travel with overnight stay for work at clients' offices
- Able to work moderate overtime throughout the year with heavier overtime required during certain business cycles.
- Total estimated work hours are approx. 2300-2350 (including PTO)
- Annual charge hour expectations of 1800 – 2000 hours.
Okay, we just need a little more information...
Already have an account? Sign in.