Audit Senior – Buffalo, NY
VALiNTRY's CPA Division works exclusively in Public Accounting as a premier, nationwide provider of staffing services for Big 4, Large, Mid-size and Small firms. As a result, recent public accounting experience for a U.S. Public Firm is required.
About this Opportunity:
If you're a CPA & MBA looking to join a sought-after firm, Our Top-Ranking Accounting Firm could be just right for you. As a fast-growing accounting, business advisory and management consulting firm, we are an exceptional workplace that offers personal development, work-life balance, and a chance to make meaningful contributions across a wide variety of clients.
Feed your passion for serving tax-exempt accounting clients. We are currently seeking a Senior Level Audit Accountant to play a vital role in the Firm's Small Business Advisors' practice. Level will commensurate with experience. As a Senior, you will be responsible for contributing to the successful completion of engagements while ensuring delivery is consistent with Partner and client expectations. This role requires the ability to continually learn and use new skills, and to work in a high-paced, changeable client-service environment.
- Participate in presenting information to upper level management, public meetings, and/or boards
- Must be willing to travel locally about 40% – 60% of your time. This consists mostly of day trips and infrequent overnights.
- Develop understanding of client's business and aspects of client's industry.
- Develop effective working relationships with internal and external clients.
- Deliver projects/engagements on time, within budget and to client's satisfaction.
- Adhere to the highest degree of professional standards and strict client confidentiality.
- Handle and manage multiple priorities, and deliver projects and engagements on time, within budget and to the client's satisfaction.
- Maintain knowledge of pronouncements of the FASB, AICPA, GAO, and GASB.
- Participate in a cooperative effort among members of a project team.
- Comply with firm practice management and quality control procedures and systems.
- Maintain and promote ethical and firm values in conducting internal and external business activities.
- Provide mentoring and leadership to junior staff
- Participate in, and thoroughly document, the final review/evaluation process with staff
- Self-starter with the ability to handle and manage multiple priorities
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting – Master's Preferred
- Current CPA designation
- Recent audit experience working in public accounting for 3+ years
- 2+ years of experience in Small Business Advisors is a must
- Ability to respond to common inquiries from clients, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community
- Skilled at preparing complex client correspondence including recommendations, technical issues and proposals
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret common technical journals, financial reports and legal documents
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, i.e. client presentations, industry articles, etc.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Reliable transportation with the ability to travel to client sites and other office locations
- Computer proficiency and effectively applying technology tools in assigned areas including; Microsoft Office suite and audit software such as Caseware or ProSystems Engagement.
- OMB A-133 audit experience
- Ability to create and properly monitor engagement budgets
Bachelor's Degree in Accounting – Master's Preferred
Recent audit experience working in public accounting for 3+ years
2+ years of experience in the Small Business Advisors industry is a must
Additional industry experiences a plus!
Okay, we just need a little more information...
Already have an account? Sign in.