Audit Senior – Conroe
VALiNTRY’s CPA Division works exclusively in Public Accounting as a premier, nationwide provider of staffing services for Big 4, Large, Mid-size and Small firms. As a result, recent public accounting experience is required.
About this Opportunity:
Originally founded in the 1950's, our firm currently has approximately 550 employees in 8 U.S. locations. The firm has six Texas offices in Austin, Dallas, Fort Worth, Houston, Midland and San Antonio, as well as offices in Los Angeles, California, and Connecticut. Our company is ranked the largest independent accounting firm in the Southwest by Accounting Today magazine.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of technical accounting literature within the GAAP and SEC hierarchies and is able to research issues and provide management with relevant information, technical guidance and conclusions on non-routine, complex issues.
- Demonstrate an understanding of generally accepted auditing standards and common audit procedures and techniques for complex financial statement areas.
- Become involved in billing responsibilities and client management.
- Become involved in firm and service line administrative duties as requested.
- Develop extensive knowledge in niche area.
- Consistently demonstrate initiative and sense of responsibility in ensuring follow through of open items and issues through completion.
- Develop and enhance client relationships through strong communication and project management skills.
- Effectively execute audit plan in all financial statement areas
- Research complex accounting treatment for issues on audit engagements, propose solutions and consult with more experienced staff as necessary.
- Prioritize and manage multiple assignments of varying sizes and complexity within given timeframe and budget.
- Execute engagement planning activities which include gathering information for time budgets, coordinating all planning activities on engagements with the supervision and guidance from more experienced staff, and designing a risk based audit approach.
- Assist and mentor Senior I Associates and Associates, actively cultivating an environment that challenges, encourages, and fosters learning.
- Work closely with all experienced team members to identify and resolve issues encountered in completing engagement objectives through effective and timely communication.
- Thorough understanding of GAAP and GAAS.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Team orientation and strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Sufficient technical skills to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of this position.
- Experience supervising 2-6 or more individuals.
- Thorough understanding of common audit procedures and techniques.
- Demonstrate independent thinking and strong decision-making skills.
- Experience with a variety of industries and types of audits.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Masters preferred
- Active CPA
- 3 to 4 years of recent public accounting experience
For immediate consideration please send your Resume/CV to [email protected]
1201 S. Orlando Avenue, Suite 440
Winter Park, FL 32789
T: 941.417.5505 | M: 941.504.3752
E: [email protected]
As a reminder, we can only represent candidates with recent public accounting experience. Thank you for understanding.
Okay, we just need a little more information...
Already have an account? Sign in.