Audit Senior – Timonium MD
VALiNTRYfinancial specializes in helping Highly Qualified CPA's find amazing new opportunities. As with all our Public Accounting roles, to be considered you must have 3+ years of current / recent U.S. based Public Accounting Firm experience and your U.S. State issued CPA License must be Active or in process.
We are seeking an experienced Senior in our Audit Department for our Timonium office. We are looking for a person with executive presence and a strong knowledge and understanding of auditing standards, financial statement preparation and disclosure requirements. This person will be responsible for leading the team throughout the entire engagement and preparing all necessary financial statements and related disclosures. Not-for-profit, single audit, government contracting, construction and real estate and generalized tax experience are all positive. Act as a trainer and evaluator, while working independently to complete difficult assignments and identify significant issues requiring consultation. Requires strong computer skills.
Description of Duties
- Assist supervisors and managers in leading complex engagements in the field
- Properly plan an engagement, review audit and accounting work papers to ensure documentation requirements and technical considerations are performed
- Handle technical audit and accounting matters
- Foster client relations
- Ensure budgets are properly prepared and analyzed
- Ensure that accurate and appropriately documented audit files and financial statements are prepared in accordance with all appropriate rules and requirements.
- Supervises staff of 1 or 2 people and carries out responsibilities in accordance with the firm's policies
- Applicants must possess a BS degree in Accounting from an accredited University
- Working towards or currently holding CPA License
- 2 to 4 years recent experience in audit.
- Must possess sharp analytical skills, strong communication skills including the ability to effectively present information and respond to clients needs.
- Ability to plan, organize and run multiple engagements simultaneously.
- Ability to analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures and government regulations.
- Must have the ability to communicate both verbally and written, be technically competent, self-motivated and able to anticipate needs of clients, etc.
- Must have experience using online audit research resources, understanding of the research process, and applying audit efficiency consulting techniques.
- Caseware experience is a plus.
As a reminder, we can only work with candidates that have public accounting experience within the past 3 years.
Okay, we just need a little more information...
Already have an account? Sign in.