Audit Supervisor – Melville, NY
We are looking for an Advisory Supervisor to join our growing and well-established national firm in our New York City office. This position requires a high-energy, experienced professional, with strong interpersonal skills, ability to work independently and with a team, along with a strong desire to be willing to take on new challenges and responsibilities.
Working under the direct supervision of a Senior Manager and Partner, a Supervisor will assist on engagements through investigation or analysis, aid in the preparation of exhibits and reports, and oversee the work of staff associates.
- Organize information in meaningful analyses and exhibits
- Quickly develop an understanding of an entity’s financial records, tax filings and operating environment
- Have an understanding and be able to speak to various service lines in the Advisory group
- Work on multiple engagements simultaneously
- Maintain and organize documents received and produced in litigation
- Develop models and calculations
- Stay informed of current trends in the accounting industry, as well as current business/economic developments and their impact on our clients
- Guide and review the work of the staff associates
- Provide assistance to accomplish the engagement objectives effectively and efficiently
- Enhance Service Delivery
- Seek, develop and present ideas that will increase the efficiency and quality of services
- Commit to developing individual and group knowledge
- Put forth diligent effort to pass the CPA exam
- Considers potential areas to develop expertise and specialized knowledge
- Recognizes the importance of, and actively participate in, practice development
- Considers potential areas to develop expertise or obtain additional certifications
- Maintain positive, professional relationships with clients and counsel
- Communicate engagement needs with the client
- Represent the firm at professional and charitable and/or civic organizations events
- Strong analytical and research skills
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, time management and organizational skills
- Client services and management skills
- Ability to self-motivate and take initiative
- Strong technological skills with the ability to quickly learn and adapt to new or different technology
- Understanding of US GAAP and/or GAAS
- Team Leadership and Participation
- BA/BS/MS/MBA in Accounting and/or Finance or law degree
- Eligible to sit for CPA Exam, or the bar exam
- 5 plus years of related experience
- Familiarity with the US legal system and rules of evidence
Please keep in mind that we can only work with candidates that have recent public accounting experience within the past 3 years.
Okay, we just need a little more information...
Already have an account? Sign in.