VALiNTRY is seeking a Benefits Manager. This individual serves as a subject matter expert and is responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of all health, welfare and retirement programs of the organization.
- Responsible for the effective administration of retirement and health benefits plans for team members, including medical, dental, vision, disability plans, life insurance, COBRA, EAP, 401(k), 403(b) and others.
- Manage retirement plan administration in accordance with Plan documents, prospectuses, and regulatory standards (e.g., DOL, ERISA, and IRS).
- Manage the benefits open enrollments process, including communications, audits, reporting, disclosures, and distribution of required ERISA documents.
- Manage the employee wellness program and creates communications of best practices to share with employees and their dependents for better lifestyle choices.
- Research and review competitive benefit offerings data and presents management with recommendations to increase opportunities for competitive positioning in the marketplace.
- Create engaging and effective benefits communications to be distributed to employees and applicable dependents.
- Interprets benefits policies and serves as main point of contact for team member and manager questions regarding benefits
- Monitor compliance with applicable federal and state laws including ERISA, DOL, the Affordable Care Act, and other regulations as applicable.
- Actively engages in cross functional collaboration with Human Resources team members, community leaders, finance and others in order to build relationships amongst the business.
- Remain current on developing trends, strategies, and regulatory considerations to ensure health and retirement programs remain competitive and compliant.
- Provide direction to third-party administrators, record keepers, consultants, investment advisors and co-fiduciaries, and other service providers to manage cost and adhere to retirement plan service agreements and standards.
- Assist with preparation and submission of 5500s, Form 1095s and other government required notices, disclosures and reporting for the various retirement, health and welfare programs ensuring compliance with COBRA, HIPAA, and ERISA provisions, and file required
- Bachelors Degree in Business, Human Resources Management, or related experience preferred.
- Minimum 5 – 7 years in a benefits administration role supporting retirement and health benefits programs
- A strong background in Human Resources applications and the ability to think with a systems mindset required.
- Prior experience managing direct reports preferred.
- Prior experience with acquisition-related benefits integration required
- Certified Benefits Professional (CBP) preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Excellent organizational, time-management, interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills and the ability to navigate through multiple systems.
- Must be self-motivated and work independently as well as collaboratively as part of a team.
- Capability of effective planning and priority setting. Ability to manage several complex projects simultaneously while working under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Detail oriented, with problem solving skills to ensure accuracy.
- Strong analytical skills and a thorough knowledge of plan designs.
- Knowledge of benefits contract language.
- Knowledge of all pertinent federal and state regulations, filing and compliance requirements, both adopted and pending, affecting employee benefits programs, including ERISA, COBRA, FMLA, ADA, Section 125, workers' compensation, Medicare and Social Security and DOL requirements.
- Ability to read, write and speak English sufficient to perform job duties and to interact and communicate with residents, vendors and team members.
Please note: This client is not accepting candidates submitted by other staffing firms or agencies at this time. Thank you.
Applicants for this opportunity must have an unrestricted right to work in the United States. [Persons in H-l, L-l, and OPT EAD status do not have unrestricted right to work.]
VALiNTRY Services and all its divisions are equal opportunity employers. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or any other federal or state protected category.
For a full list of our current Financial and Administrative openings, please visit our website
Fill this out to apply
Already have an account? Sign in.