VALiNTRY is seeking a Controller who has a CPA license (preferred
Not required) and expertise working with Sarbanes Oxley.
This position will require the Controller to be onsite 3 days a week in Houston, TX.
The salary range for this position is $165,000 to $185,000 per year. However, if you possess additional valuable skill sets that could benefit the enterprise, you may be eligible for higher compensation. We encourage strong technical candidates to apply without hesitation.
Responsible for the oversight, preparation, analysis, and distribution of the Company's consolidated financial statements. Manage the monthly, quarterly and annual accounting close processes including variance analysis to ensure accurate, timely and relevant financial reporting. Committed to working in a team-oriented environment. Direct supervision of Plant Controller, Senior Accountant and Revenue Manager, with indirect supervision to the accounting team.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The individual in this position must use initiative and judgment arranging job details to achieve predetermined objectives. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Oversee general ledger and accounting functions and systems, ensuring compliance with appropriate GAAP standards and regulatory requirements while maintaining accurate financial accounts.
- Manage the month end closing process and ensure all balance sheet accounts are reconciled monthly in a timely manner.
- Prepare, analyze and submit monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports to management and parent company.
- Ensure sound financial controls based on Sarbanes Oxley requirements are established and maintained. Maintain adequate accounting systems access controls and ensure control of confidential and proprietary information.
- Coordinate with ERP group to ensure the accounting system is recording all transactions are properly captured and recorded. Troubleshoot as necessary.
- Along with the Plant Controller, oversee the maintenance of the cost accounting system. Ensure accurate product standards are developed and maintained.
- Review all systems and reports to ensure proper inventory control, and that movement and counts of inventory are accurately reflected in the financial records.
- Coordinate physical inventory, audit and summarize results.
- Oversee Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable and Billings functions.
- Support analytical needs including project analysis and variance reporting.
- Manage the coordination and completion of annual financial audits.
- Coordination with tax accountant on annual tax returns.
- Assist with preparation of the Companys annual operating and capital budget.
- Complete special projects and other duties as assigned by management.
This position may be responsible for directing or coordinating the work activities of others. The following positions report directly to this position:
- This position will have direct and indirect reports within the accounting team.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Must possess proficient computer skills with Microsoft Excel; intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Word and Outlook.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with senior management and cross-functional departments on a regular basis.
- Capable of working with multi-disciplined departments; able to prioritize multiple deadlines; excellent interpersonal skills; commercial and analytical skills; detail oriented and organized; able to work well under pressure.
- Very strong analytical and problem solving skills with a great attention to detail
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in accounting, Licensed CPA and public accounting experience preferred.
- 10+ years of total experience in public accounting and industry, prefer manufacturing industry experience in a Standard Costing environment.
- Proven supervisory skills with at least 5 years in a supervisory capacity.
- Experience in a public company and an understanding of Sarbanes Oxley controls a plus.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel.
- Ability to learn and use other software tools as required. Solid process improvement skills and a proven change agent. Those typical of an office environment.
We are not currently accepting candidates who have been submitted by other staffing firms or agencies. Thank you for your understanding.
To be considered for this opportunity, candidates must have unrestricted work authorization in the United States. Individuals in H-1b, L-1, TN, H4, and OPT EAD status do not have unrestricted work authorization.
VALiNTRY Services and all its divisions are equal-opportunity employers. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or any other federal or state-protected category.
For a list of our current openings please visit Valintry's Jobs Webpage
Fill this out to apply
Already have an account? Sign in.