International Tax Manager – Los Angeles
VALiNTRY's CPA Division works exclusively in Public Accounting as a premier, nationwide provider of staffing services for Big 4, Large, Mid-size and Small firms. As a result, recent public accounting experience is required.
Summary of Responsibilities:
The international tax manager is responsible for the efficient, accurate, complete, and timely preparation of US international tax related compliance and consulting engagement. The international tax manager should be able to manage certain international tax compliance engagements independently as well as collaborate with general tax team members to supervise the international tax compliance section.
- Performs technical international tax review and approval of international tax related returns and governmental tax examinations of any complexity.
- Assumes full responsibility for larger international tax related returns and delegates to the various tax preparers as deemed necessary.
- Delegates, manages, and performs international tax research projects to achieve an accurate and efficient product.
- Participates actively in client meetings and international tax planning efforts to assist the Auditing and Accounting Department with larger clients.
- Acts as a resource for tax preparers/specialists and A&A staff on international tax issues and/or questions.
- Assists and supervises tax preparers with the more complex business returns.
- Assumes client service responsibility for clients the tax manager works directly with or clients where the responsibility is delegated from the partner.
- Communicates to the appropriate firm personnel important international tax and tax developments affecting the firm's clients.
- Supervise and review US international tax related forms, such as Form 5471, 8865, 8858, FBAR, 1120-F, 5472.
- Supervise and Review calculation and compliance regarding Transition tax under Sec. 965.
- Supervise and review the compliance of Streamlined Procedure.
- Maintains familiarity with qualifications of all tax staff members; reviews staff assignments for appropriateness.
- Works to develop responsible, trained staff by assisting in recruiting, performance evaluations, developing training aids, and acting as an instructor in professional development programs.
- Assumes responsibility for smooth flow of tax returns through the tax preparation system to assure accurate, complete and timely preparation and delivery of all clients’ tax returns.
- Possesses a complete knowledge of the firm’s philosophy and its opinions on tax matters.
- Maintains knowledge of general economic and political trends of possible tax or other legislation that could affect the business climate.
- Participates in firm’s practice development efforts through involvement w/ referral sources, community and industry activities.
- Responsible for the engagement profitability—billings and collections.
- Participate in firm’s committees and management meetings.
- Proficiency in use of computer tax preparation, tax research, and tax planning software programs.
- Ability to operate a computer and calculator.
- Willingness to become a part of the firm's Mentoring Program.
- Performs such other duties as may be assigned.
Experience, Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Participates in career development program to improve managerial, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- 5+ years of experience performing international tax research and providing quality international tax technical advice, as well as preparing or reviewing US international tax related compliance engagements
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrate leadership and supervisory skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including proven experience liaising with clients.
- Self starter with the ability to work independently and use good judgment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business, or related equivalent, as well as CPA certification.
- Masters of Science degree in Taxation or a J.D. highly preferred for Tax Management Position.
- Minimum of forty hours of continuing education is required each year to maintain and develop technical and business skills, as well as to maintain license requirements.
As a reminder, we can only represent candidates with recent public accounting experience. Thank you for understanding.
Okay, we just need a little more information...
Already have an account? Sign in.