Under the direction of the Production Manager, the Production Supervisor will oversee plant production, safety, quality and cost control. Direct the workforce in a safe environment, maintaining accident- free work record while producing a quality product with high levels of production. Monitor and evaluate cost per pound and pound per labor hour to standards. Develop good employee relations based upon company vision. Interpret company policy for hourly employees.
- Responsible for the direct supervision of production line staff. Communicates job tasks, key operating indicators and safety expectations. Ensures that direct reports follow company policy and procedures by coaching, counseling, and disciplining when necessary.
- Maintains work flow by monitoring steps in the process, observing control points, checking equipment and monitoring personnel and other resources. Effectively drives continuous improvement changes.
- Completes production plan by analyzing schedule before execution. Monitors production flow on hourly basis and measures results against key operating indicators. Promotes root cause analysis to correct issues and establish priorities.
- Ensures operation of equipment by calling for repairs. Safeguards operations by measuring down time and enforcing Food Safety practices by following Sanitation requirement before re-starting operations after repairs or line incidents have taken place.
- Provides manufacturing information to management by compiling and analyzing production performance records and data. Will answer questions and respond to requests for additional information when requested.
- Maintains safe and clean work environment by training and directing personnel on the use of all control points, equipment, personal protection equipment and resources.
- Maintains working relations with staffing agency/labor contractors by enforcing policies and procedures and keeps Human Resources Department involved in all employee related issues.
- Maintains effective and proper communication with employees, plant leadership and personnel in all support departments.
- Ensures information flows effectively and efficiently to each Production Supervisor on the team; ensure smooth transition from one shift to another by relaying up-to-date information to incoming supervisor.
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Adheres to regulatory requirements and Good Manufacturing practices (OSHA, HAACP, Food Safety, etc.).
- Other Duties as assigned
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Direct supervision of all production floor personnel including Production Line Leads, Machine Operators, Heavy Laborers and General Laborers.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field and a minimum of 1-year experience working in a Food Manufacturing environment or equivalent combination of college coursework and work experience.
- Must have a minimum of 2 years’ experience as a supervisor.
- Knowledge of food safety, good manufacturing practices, general plant safety practices and procedures are required.
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Suite programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and working knowledge of ERP systems preferable Microsoft Dynamics AX.
- Must be Bi-lingual, English and Spanish
Please note: This client is not accepting candidates submitted by other staffing firms or agencies at this time. Thank you.
Applicants for this opportunity must have an unrestricted right to work in the United States. [Persons in H-l, L-l, and OPT EAD status do not have unrestricted right to work.]
VALiNTRY Services and all its divisions are equal opportunity employers. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or any other federal or state protected category.
For immediate consideration, please contact
Anna Marcano – IT Recruitment Manager
O: 800-360-1407 D: 407-392-3135 E: [email protected]
For a complete list of our current openings, please visit VALiNTRYtechnology.com.
Fill this out to apply
Already have an account? Sign in.