Senior Audit Associate – Baraboo, WI
VALiNTRY’s CPA Division works exclusively in Public Accounting as a premier, nationwide provider of staffing services for Big 4, Large, Mid-size and Small firms. As a result, recent public accounting experience is required.
About this Opportunity:
Our Public CPA firm is looking for a Senior Accountant that is willing to travel to coordinate and perform superior non-profit audit work resulting in a high level of client satisfaction. Position can be based in either Madison or Milwaukee.
- Complete basic auditing procedures and financial statement preparation efficiently, i.e., in line with reasonable budget expectations (based on realistic expectations of what it takes to complete the job).
- Coordinate timing and performance of audit engagement procedures
- Utilize advanced analytical skills and accounting concepts, e.g. the relationship between restricted and unrestricted asset balances on statements of financial position and activities.
- Design and conduct advanced auditing procedures (analysis of grants and other revenue accounts, promises to give, complicated investment transactions, various A-133 and PAAG compliance procedures).
- Responsible for performing advanced financial statement preparation, such as complex supplementary schedules, footnote disclosures, and statements of cash flows
- Oversee the preparation of applicable tax returns
- Review workpapers and basic financial statements prepared by staff.
- Oversee all aspects of the engagement – from planning stage of engagement and correspondence with client, to wrap up and final report issuance.
- Prepare informative management letters, effective work paper memos and other communications with clients.
- Develop professional relationships and networking with client personnel, potential clients, and other CPAs.
- Ability to interact with clients, prospects, all levels of staff, and colleagues in a professional fashion.
- Ability to perform analytical and detailed work with numerical data and making computations rapidly and accurately.
- Experience working independently from general instructions.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, orally and in writing.
- Knowledge of GAAP.
- Possession of effective teamwork and leadership skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Efficiency in completing multiple projects within limited time budgets.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- CPA or CPA in progress preferred
- Minimum of three (3) years audit experience required.
- Previous experience working in a public accounting firm desirable.
For immediate consideration please send your Resume/CV to [email protected]
1201 S. Orlando Avenue, Suite 440
Winter Park, FL 32789
T: 407-392-3128 | M: 407-917-7584
E: [email protected]
As a reminder, we can only represent candidates with recent public accounting experience. Thank you for understanding.
Fill this out to apply
Already have an account? Sign in.