Senior Audit Manager – Kent, WA
VALiNTRY’s CPA Division works exclusively in Public Accounting as a premier, nationwide provider of staffing services for Big 4, Large, Mid-size, and Small firms. As a result, recent public accounting experience is required.
About this Opportunity:
As a locally owned Seattle CPA firm, we are small enough to take a personal, one-on-one approach to managing your financial needs. Our big-picture business capabilities are designed to offer a comprehensive strategy to handle every aspect of your company’s finances – from accounting and auditing to employee benefits and retirement planning. When you partner with our firm, the results can be extremely profitable. The size of our accounting firm and our attention to forming strong, trusted business relationships is what give us – and our clients – a competitive edge. And we excel in helping our clients realize their true potential by allowing them to focus on their most important goals: growth and financial stability for today – and the future.
- Demonstrates ownership and responsibility of engagement and tasks assigned including the proactive communication of status, issues and other concerns with the engagement director in an organized, accurate and timely manner.
- Complies with all professional and Firm requirements (e.g., personnel manual requirements, time entry procedures, audit quality control document requirements, etc.) including complying with confidentiality requirements (e.g. client information, proposal information, personnel information, job-related information, etc.).
- Participates in proposal process, client presentation, Board presentations, firm marketing initiatives and other similar functions.
- Maintains a continued base knowledge of accounting and audit requirements/regulations.
- Exhibits the ability to mentor and develop staff personnel including participation in the recruitment and retention of professional staff.
- Demonstrates proactive communication with supervisors regarding career development and career plans.
- Maintains a positive attitude and is receptive to constructive criticism.
- Demonstrates ethical behavior.
- Demonstrates the ability to learn, through formal and/or on-the-job training, the assigned tasks and the ability to excel in such areas.
- Exhibits appropriate written communication skills.
- Identifies internal opportunities and recommends methods to improve service, work processes and financial performance, e.g. expense management.
- Demonstrates an ability to adjust to non-routine assignments/unexpected situations.
- Assists in the implementation of quality improvement initiatives.
- Assists co-workers in the completion of tasks and assignments as requested by supervisors, demonstrating team work skills.
- Must have the capability to professionally and appropriately communicate with a diverse group of individuals.
- Must be able to work within a diverse team and demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must exhibit a high degree of professionalism including the ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
- Must have a desire to learn and be flexible.
- Must have effective leadership skills.
- Must be computer literate with the capability of performing at an intermediate or advanced level with respect to the Microsoft Office Suite of products or similar software applications.
- Must be capable of performing at an intermediate level with respect to the firm’s billing software programs.
- Must be highly organized and capable of managing multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to demonstrate critical thinking and analytical skills are essential.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Master’s preferred
- Active CPA license
- At least eight years of recent public accounting experience
- Minimum of (4) years of supervisory experience
As a reminder, we can only represent candidates with recent public accounting experience. Thank you for understanding.
Okay, we just need a little more information...
Already have an account? Sign in.