Sr. Tax Manager – Partner Path
ABOUT THIS OPPORTUNITY:
We are seeking an experienced Senior Tax Manager to join our dynamic, fast growing, client-centered CPA firm in Orlando.
This position will offer you a built in Path to Partnership opportunity as you will hold responsibilities in planning, preparing, and analyzing applicable local, state, and federal tax returns for organizations, and will assist clients in effectively managing tax risks and liabilities.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Review returns prepared by tax preparers
- Bring significant tax questions and suggested planning opportunities to the attention of the Tax Partner or Client
- Research and propose resolution to technical tax matters
- Complete tax returns timely in a deadline-oriented environment
- Complete income tax projections and quarterly estimates
- Demonstrate effective project management skills, inspire teamwork and responsibility with engagement team members, and use current technology and tools to enhance the effectiveness of deliverables and service
- Maintain involvement in all aspects of client relationships
- Provide supervision and on-the-job training to tax preparers
- Participate in staff performance evaluations and provide verbal and written feedback
- Mentor and develop the technical and professional skills of tax staff
- Develop ability to recognize tax issues, business problems and expanded service opportunities with existing clients
- Participate in governmental tax examinations; represent the client before the appropriate taxing authorities.
- Develop an area of tax expertise
- Participate in the firm’s practice development efforts through involvement with referral sources, community and industry activities
- Perform other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- 10+ years of experience preparing and reviewing complex individual, corporate, partnership and S-Corp tax returns within Industries such as Construction, Manufacturing, Financial Services, Government, Real Estate, Non-Profit and Public Companies, amongst others.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required
- Master's degree in Taxation or JD with Tax Emphasis preferred
- Active CPA and/or JD/L.L.M. designation required
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Excel and Word, CCH ProSystems, tax-planning software and cloud-based tax research software.
- Ability to demonstrate sound judgment and analyzing problems logically and comprehensively, distinguishing between relevant and irrelevant information
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment, as well as independently
- Ability to handle sensitive/confidential matters in a tactful and discreet manner
- Ability to interface with a variety of management levels
- Ability to think creatively in seeking optimal solutions for clients
- Opportunity to connect daily with Partners and work closely with other staff and clients
- Payment of CPE and professional membership costs
- Mentoring and Leadership Development Programs
- Firm sponsored social events
- Generous paid time off and holiday time
- Referral fee for bringing in new clients
- Competitive compensation package and broad range of insurance programs
- Relocation Assistance Available for qualified candidates
For a list of our current openings please visit Valintry's Jobs Webpage
Applicants for this opportunity must have an unrestricted right to work in the United States.
[Persons in H-l, L-l, and OPT EAD status do not have unrestricted right to work.]
Fill this out to apply
Already have an account? Sign in.