Sr. Tax Manager
VALiNTRYfinancial specializes in helping Highly Qualified CPA's find amazing new opportunities. As with all our Public Accounting roles, to be considered you must have 3+ years of current / recent U.S. based Public Accounting Firm experience and your U.S. State issued CPA License must be Active or in process.
Be part of a growing firm with a collaborative culture where the opportunities are endless. At our firm, it is our people who make a difference. No matter what stage you are at in your career, we are invested in you and your career path. We guide you along your journey offering exciting challenges and exceptional rewards.
About this opportunity:
Under the direction of the Department Partner, the Sr. Tax Manager will provide tax services directly to clients, manage tax client relationships, participate in tax client services from other firm offices, supervise staff, take part in training and recruiting staff, assist with marketing and obtaining new clients, and be a part of the firm's tax leadership team. Our firm has committed firm resources to expand tax services in the Orlando market.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Proficiency in business (corporate and flow through entities) and individual tax preparation.
- Involvement in planning and managing large, more complex tax engagements.
- Recognized expertise in an area of tax; serve as an internal resource in this area.
- Continued effectiveness as a relationship manager, including large, complex engagements.
- Acceptance of department management responsibilities, e.g. for oversight of scheduling, team management and staff development, accounting systems (efficient and effective procedures), and training.
- Serve as mentor to one or more supervisors and demonstration of promise in development of senior staff.
- Effective participation in firm- or department-wide management activities, including strategic planning with partners, and decision-making about staff promotion, hiring, and firing.
Marketing and Networking Responsibilities:
- Participation in client and non-client networking events.
- Effective involvement in associations or activities related to one's chosen niche or sector.
- Participate in acquiring new engagements with existing clients and new clients.
- Participate in firm's marketing plan.
- Certified Public Accountant and/or other professional certifications.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of six (12) years' experience in tax services.
- Outstanding leadership skills with demonstrated ability to perform as a leader.
- Ability to motivate, mentor and develop staff and teams in a team driven environment.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated proactive business development practices including participation in professional organizations, maintaining relationships with existing and prospective clients.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills.
- Efficient in completing multiple projects within time budgets.
- Commitment to professional development and outstanding technical competencies.
- Corporate and flow through entities
- International tax
- Estate/Gift tax
- High-Net-Worth Individual tax
- Strong tax research skills
- ProSystem Tax, Fixed Assets and Engagement
- Extensive work interacting both by phone and face to face with clients and staff.
- Work is performed in a typical interior/office work environment-very limited exposure to physical risk. Equipment used: computer, fax machine, telephone, copier and scanner.
- Essential demands include sitting/standing at a desk, working on a computer for long periods of time and using a telephone to communicate with clients and staff.
- Additional work hours will be expected during tax season (approximately January 15- April 15) and reduced hours are available in off season.
For immediate consideration please send your Resume/CV to [email protected]
Joe DiGennaro * National Sales & Recruitment Manager
1201 S. Orlando Ave., Suite 440 * Winter Park, FL 32789
O: 407-392-3128 * M: 407-917-7584
Okay, we just need a little more information...
Already have an account? Sign in.