Come join our amazing client as a remote Tax Associate!
Our Client is building the next frontier of business tax advisory and preparation services for their customers.
In this role, you'll work to serve individual and small business customers, by providing tailored advice on tax-related issues, helping them navigate business tax planning, and filing business taxes on their behalf.
This role is an exciting opportunity for tax professionals with a passion for working with individuals and small business customers and empowering them to succeed in a dynamic new part of the team.
You'll be able to help build systems and tools to serve their small business customers, and you'll be at the frontier of the business tax experience as they test and learn how to best offer a variety tax and consulting service.
Role responsibilities include:
- Prepare personal and business tax returns (Forms: 1040, 1041, 1065, 1120, 1120S) across the United States
- Help provide tax advisory and planning services to small business customers
- Interact with clients digitally (video conference and over the phone) to provide tax advisory and support – understanding tax obligations, helping with tax planning, helping businesses track and maximize deductions, etc.
- Provide delightful, high-quality customer service while utilizing company practices and procedures to answer routine tax questions and documenting interactions with clients
- Begin learning how to review tax returns prepared by other members on the team and manage for high-quality output
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or Taxation
- Active U.S. State issued CPA license, or CPA eligible ideally in process of taking the exams
- 1-3 years of experience in tax preparation and tax advisory, with working knowledge of federal and state tax compliance
- Experience using tax software such as Lacerte or ProConnect would be ideal
- Experience using bookkeeping software such as QuickBooks Online and/or Xero
- Exceptional level of attention to detail and accountability to high-quality tax preparation standards
- Enthusiasm for serving customers and working on a team with other like-minded tax experts, especially in a dynamic and evolving work environment
- High-quality communication skills (written and oral)
- Excellent organizational, problem solving, and time-management skills
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S.
See all of our open Finance positions at www.valintryfinancial.com/find-jobs
Applicants for this opportunity must have an unrestricted right to work in the United States.
[Persons in H-l, L-l, and OPT EAD status do not have unrestricted right to work.]
Fill this out to apply
Already have an account? Sign in.