Tax Director – Fairfax VA
VALiNTRYfinancial specializes in helping Highly Qualified CPA's find amazing new opportunities. As with all our Public Accounting roles, to be considered you must have 3+ years of current / recent U.S. based Public Accounting Firm experience and your U.S. State issued CPA License must be Active or in process.
The candidate will be able to manage the client’s tax compliance needs, anticipate tax and business issues, and also recognize tax planning opportunities. The candidate will also be responsible for the successful training and development of less-experienced professional staff. Our firm is growing and we seek a highly motivated individual who wants a firm that offers career advancement, not just a job.
What your day looks like:
- Advising Private Equity Clients on a full spectrum of tax services including planning, research, compliance, structuring and due diligence activities for mergers and acquisitions
- Analyzing tax positions of numerous entity types including consolidated returns, S Corps., LLCs, partnerships and LLPs
- Evaluating complex scenarios, demonstrating instincts and sound judgments
- Leveraging project management, interpersonal and communication skills to coordinate engagement team activities, align delivery expectations, and develop/mature client relationships
- Reviewing the work of Managers and Seniors, providing mentorship, coaching and guidance to support career advancement and development of technical expertise
What Do You Need for this Role?
You should be a self-starter with a desire to use your creativity to solve complex problems for clients. Strong prioritization, organization and communication skills are needed, along with the desire to support the development of junior staff.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance (Master's Preferred)
- 10+ years of public accounting experience with demonstrated expertise in PE
- Licensed CPA
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S. or B.A.) in Accounting, Masters preferred
- State CPA license required
As a reminder, we can only work with candidates that have public accounting experience within the past 3 years.
Okay, we just need a little more information...
Already have an account? Sign in.