VALiNTRYfinance specializes in helping Highly-Qualified CPA's find amazing new opportunities. As with all our Public Accounting roles, to be considered you must have 3+ years of current / recent U.S. based Public Accounting Firm experience and your U.S. State issued CPA License must be Active or in process.
About this Opportunity:
Duties & Responsibilities
Initiate, monitor, and deliver tax compliance and advisory services in a timely and accurate manner.
- Prepare and/or review all Income Tax Provisions related to state issue, including State Rate and FIN48 calculations.
- Draft technical memoranda, including FIN48, sales sourcing, and nexus memoranda.
- Create and/or review multistate Apportionment Schedules for provision and tax return purposes.
- Review corporate income tax returns prepared on behalf of our clients under all states, cities and local taxes.
- Identify, design, and implement tax planning strategies to minimize taxes and reduce tax compliance burdens.
- Lead in conference calls with clients, the Big 4 and other accounting and law firms, as the firm’s State and Local Tax specialist.
- Monitor changes in state laws, including changes in apportionment formulas, sales factor sourcing rules, combined versus separate states, consolidated elections, water’s-edge and worldwide elections, state DRDs, and state rates. Update the firm’s apportionment schedule templates and other multistate charts on an annual basis.
- Draft and post internal SALT Alerts related to information and/or updates relevant to our clients and practice.
- Conduct nexus analysis and nexus planning.
- Assist with day-to-day state and local tax matters that may arise.
- Manage projects to ensure technically-accurate products and high-quality deliverables are presented to clients.
- Manage projects within budgetary and time constraints while providing a high-level of client satisfaction.
- Ensure complete communication with client and firm personnel.
- Build client relationships and demonstrate knowledge of client business.
Participate in the mentoring and development of team members
- Help to develop and guide staff by providing effective performance feedback and ensuring team responsibilities are consistent with skills and developmental goals.
- Be actively involved in and a positive influence on team recruiting, development, training, and retention.
- Provide firm leadership through example, including always adhering to firm policies.
Technical Skill Development
- Build on technical competence by keeping up to date on trends and developments. Demonstrate deep technical expertise in state and local tax compliance and consulting.
Continuously work toward the goals and objectives established in your professional development plan
- Contribute to the overall success of the team by developing a thorough understanding of company methodologies and tools to enhance service delivery; keeping team members informed of work status and proactively seeking opportunities to provide tax services.
- Effectively manage firm resources. This includes a book of business, our professional staff, and firm assets.
- Recognize opportunities to provide additional service to existing clients.
- Assist in firm administrative functions as assigned by the Partners.
Position Requirements & Qualifications:
Joe DiGennaro * National Sales & Recruitment Manager
1201 S. Orlando Ave., Suite 440 * Winter Park, FL 32789
O: 407-392-3128 * M: 407-917-7584
Okay, we just need a little more information...
Already have an account? Sign in.