Tax Manager – Champaign, Illinois
VALiNTRY’s CPA Division works exclusively in Public Accounting as a premier, nationwide provider of staffing services for Big 4, Large, Mid-size and Small firms. As a result, recent public accounting experience is required.
About this Opportunity:
The firm offers competitive salaries within the relaxed setting of a large Midwest college town. Champaign-Urbana is centrally located between Chicago, St. Louis and Indianapolis, three large metropolitan hubs. Champaign-Urbana is a community with the best of both worlds: active urban living paired with easygoing affordability. Our most important asset is our staff. It is our goal for the members of our team to develop professionally and reach their full potential. The firm has created an atmosphere that encourages healthy work-life balance and personal and professional development. At the firm, supportive colleagues will encourage and support you throughout your career.
- Possesses the ability to assume full responsibility for directing engagements and special assignments and has the enhanced capability of supervising a number of engagements simultaneously.
- Oversees the performance of client service and all related activity.
- Performs all tasks related to client service and sees that assignments are accomplished by the engagement team within the budgeted time. This role takes on responsibility for the professional and technical development of the staff through on-the-job-interaction and leading in-house training.
- Develops a list of potential referral sources in an effort to bring new business to the firm and is involved in community activities for the purposes of business development and cross-selling the firm’s services.
- Developing expertise in one or more specific industry areas.
- Building the capacity to assist the partners/managing directors in assuming overall responsibilities in a variety of areas, including but not limited to: engagement management & client service, sales, practice development, marketing, cross selling, discipline & industry expertise, external activities & networking, leadership, people development, and strategic business planning.
- CPA Certification required
- Good oral and written communication
- Good time management and organizational skills
- Preferred but not required experience in Microsoft Office, Prosystem, Ultratax, and Adobe software
- Proficient in QuickBooks or equivalent accounting software desired. At minimum, must have sound knowledge of basic functionality of QuickBooks or equivalent accounting software
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
- CPA/Eligible Designation Required
- 4+ years of experience required
Okay, we just need a little more information...
Already have an account? Sign in.