CPA Tax Manager – Appleton WI
VALiNTRY’s CPA Division works exclusively in Public Accounting as a premier, nationwide provider of staffing services for Big 4, Large, Mid-size and Small firms. As a result, recent public accounting experience is required.
About this Opportunity:
We are a top 15* full-service accounting and advisory firm with specialized professionals who connect with you and your business through refreshing candor and clear industry insight.
Our vision is to become America's Finest Professional Services Firm. It is a big goal, but one that we believe is within reach.
We live core values of integrity, passion and stewardship. They are our north star and represent who we are, what we stand for and what we are working together to achieve.
Our shared commitment to these values makes us Valued Business Advisors for our clients and enables the value they deliver to society.
- Lead client relationships on day to day tax matters supporting partners with service execution and development of extended services.
- Plan and participate in tax projects and compliance on various clients ranging from middle market to multinational client engagements.
- Consult on technical matters and special projects in various areas of corporate and flow through taxation, accounting methods, ASC740, and implications to owners.
- Research and consult on various tax matters, respond to IRS and other tax authority inquiries when requested, make recommendations to the client for consideration.
- Coordinate with specialty tax practice on complicated tax matters in the state and local, international and credits/incentives area.
- Provide recommendations for business and process improvements based upon knowledge gained relative to the client's operations, processes, and business objectives.
- Proactively build relationships and communicate effectively with the client to provide superior client service.
- Team with partners and senior managers on proposals and business development calls.
- Manage, supervise, train and lead the staff through counsel, guidance and coaching. Evaluate performance and work efforts; participate in performance appraisal process.
- Manage engagements and projects in order to achieve specific revenue and profit objectives through the management of the client's budget, invoicing for time incurred and collecting fees billed.
- Invest in professional development through active participation in training sessions and networking events both internally and externally.
- Assist with recruiting activities to include campus recruiting along with referring experienced individuals to the firm and participating in the firm's Employee Referral Bonus Program.
- Demonstrate excellent team skills, positive attitude and high ethical standards.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or equivalent, Master’s Degree, MST, JD or other applicable advanced degree preferred.
- CPA and/or JD required
- Five (5) plus years of experience in a professional services firm providing attest services including two (2) plus year’s supervisory experience.
- HUD experience preferred.
- Experience reviewing corporate returns, flow through entities, multi-state and individual tax returns along with FAS 109 and FIN 48.
- Demonstrated management, analytical, organization, interpersonal, project management, communication skills, and highly developed Microsoft Suite skills (Word, Excel) required.
Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
CPA or JD required
5+ years public accounting experience
2+ years supervisory experience
Fun Facts About Appleton, WI
- The Fox River runs through the heart of Appleton. The Fox River is unusual in that it flows north for its entire course. It exits into Lake Michigan at Green Bay about 30 miles to the north of Appleton.
- Lawrence is located adjacent to downtown Appleton, a vibrant community of 74,000 in which the city and the college benefit from one another. The Fox Cities, a cluster of 20 cities and towns along the Fox River with a combined population of more than 250,000, is one of the fastest growing metropolitan areas in the state and has consistently been named one of the best medium-size metropolitan areas in the nation, based on quality-of-life indicators.
For immediate consideration please send your Resume/CV to [email protected]
1201 S. Orlando Avenue, Suite 440
Winter Park, FL 32789
T: 407-392-3128 | M: 407-917-7584
E: [email protected]
As a reminder, we can only represent candidates with recent public accounting experience. Thank you for understanding.
Fill this out to apply
Already have an account? Sign in.