Tax Manager – Columbia, SC
VALiNTRY's CPA Division works exclusively in Public Accounting as a premier, nationwide provider of staffing services for Big 4, Large, Mid-size and Small firms. As a result, recent public accounting experience is required.
About this Opportunity:
An established firm in Columbia, South Carolina, focused on providing business, financial, and tax solutions to owner-managed companies and wealthy individuals who are seeking an experienced, innovative, and independent firm immersed in national, state and local business issues.
They are one of the area's premier accounting and consulting firms. Their shareholders have combined for over two-centuries of public accounting and IRS experience. Their team includes over 45 professionals and staff, each of who is committed to our clients and engaged in our community.
They are a preferred strategic partner of privately held businesses and wealthy individuals, providing tax, accounting and assurance, and business consulting services.
One of their priorities is to consistently attract and hire professionals and staff who are bright and motivated.
Tax Managers work on a variety of tax returns including individual, estate, trust, corporation and partnership returns for federal, state and local jurisdictions, and for a variety of industries. Opportunities to be subject matter experts in practice group areas also exist. Managers review the work of Seniors and Staff Accountants and participate in one on one and group trainings for the tax department. Requires a thorough knowledge of tax in a public accounting setting. In addition, our Tax Managers provide compliance, review and research services for a diverse group of clients in one or more industries. He/she will be called upon to provide leadership, supervision, training and performance feedback to senior and staff level accountants.
- Prepare and review federal and state income tax returns for individuals, businesses, trusts, estates and non-profits
- Research and provide summary memos on technical tax issues at the request of partners and clients
- Representing clients before federal, state and local taxing authorities
- Keep up to date on current developments in income tax
- Assist in financial planning and analysis for clients
- Bachelor's degree in accounting
- 5+ years of experience in public accounting
- Proficiency with QuickBooks accounting software
- Strong accounting and analytical skills
- Strong computer skills
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Detail oriented with ability to work on and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously
- Bachelor's Degree Required – Master's Preferred
- CPA/Eligible Designation Required
- 5+ years of experience required
Okay, we just need a little more information...
Already have an account? Sign in.