TAX MANAGER – CPA
Are you a licensed Certified Public Accountant with recent public accounting tax experience who is ready for a change? Are you tired of waiting for a well-deserved promotion? Are you ready to relocate to Texas begin a new phase of your tax accounting career?
VALiNTRYfinancial is looking for multiple, experienced TAX MANAGER – CPAs who will join our client firm to deliver high quality tax services in multiple cities throughout Texas: Austin, Alice, Corpus Christi and San Antonio. We work exclusively with Public Accounting firms, so recent public accounting experience and an active US CPA license are a must.
Salary Range: $85,000 – $140,000+
Remote / hybrid / flexible hours position on a case-by-case basis
Bachelor’s in Accounting or related field (Master’s Preferred)
At least 5+ years of recent Tax experience in a U.S. public accounting firm
An active U.S. CPA License
Authorized to work in the U.S.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage client engagements from start to finish, which includes planning, executing, directing, and completing tax projects while effectively controlling time and expenses.
- Provide and develop tax planning techniques for clients while addressing client needs and seeking new opportunities for existing and potential clients; make recommendations for appropriate additional services.
- Plan and coordinate corporate, individual, partnership, and S-corporation tax compliance engagements. Prepare and review quarterly and annual income tax provisions; identify and document uncertain tax positions.
- Assist clients with management of federal and state tax audits and negotiate tax positions. Interact closely with the client and their advisors. Perform and review technical tax research, analysis, and written memorandum.
- Responsible for project management as well as resource scheduling and management. Offer ongoing status updates to management and to the engagement team. Ability to reason and effectively multi-task.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to apply understanding to carry out and to give instructions in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Recognize complex technical issues, reach appropriate conclusions, and apply authority to support conclusions.
- Ability to organize work and projects, prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Ability to complete work in an efficient and accurate manner.
- Responsible for leading a team of senior and staff level positions and ensure proper execution of assignments.
- Provide leadership, counseling, and career guidance to team.
- Possess a strong background in engagement management and know how to manage all aspects of client accounts. Participate in mentoring, training, recruiting, retention, and team-building activities.
- Present internal and external training and seminars on technical issues. Qualifications:5-15 years of tax compliance and advisory skills. Knowledge of federal, state, and local tax laws. Minimum Bachelor's degree in accounting.
- Experience with tax preparation and research software required Ultra Tax, Practice CS, GoFileRoom, Checkpoint, QuickBooks.
- Ability to effectively use Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Hands on experience with review and preparation of all forms and schedules related to corporations, individuals, S-corporations, partnerships, and consolidated returns
- Excellent analytical, technical, and tax accounting/technology skills with proficiency in US GAAP and tax compliance and consulting.
- Experience with inbound and outbound transaction consulting, multi-national corporation experience, transfer pricing, foreign tax credit utilization, and tax minimization. (This experience is valued but not a requirement of the position)
- Experience with various facets of state & local taxation, compliance & advisory, including sales & use, personal & real property, franchise, and multi-jurisdiction income tax (Experience in other than multi-state income/franchise is valued but not required. A base level of multi-state income/franchise experience is expected.)
- Strong research and compliance skills. International experience and knowledge. Demonstrated experience in building, interfacing, and managing client base.
- Proven ability to work on multiple client engagements and adhere to tax deadlines.
- Excellent supervisory, organizational, problem solving, written and oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional client service and communication skills.
- Excellent project management and presentation skills.
Fill this out to apply
Already have an account? Sign in.