Tax Manager – Portland OR
Corporate Tax Services group is 100% focused on income tax accounting assistance, tax compliance and tax consulting for our high profile corporate clients. This includes preparation and review of income tax provision calculations, income tax return preparation and review, assistance with day to day federal, state, and international tax matters that may arise, and the identification, design, and implementation of tax planning strategies. Recognized as a leader in this space, the group's collaborative, fast-paced, and dynamic environment offers employees the opportunity to work with both high caliber team members and top-tier clients while maintaining a small firm atmosphere.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage projects to ensure technically accurate product and high-quality deliverable is presented to clients.
- Manage projects within budgetary and time constraints while providing a high-level of client satisfaction.
- Work towards becoming the primary client service contact.
- Ensure complete communication with client and firm personnel.
- Build client relationships and demonstrate knowledge of client business.
Participate in the mentoring and development of team members
- Help to develop and guide staff by providing effective performance feedback and ensuring team responsibilities are consistent with skills and developmental goals.
- Be actively involved in and a positive influence on team recruiting, development, training, and retention.
- Provide firm leadership through example, including always adhering to firm policies.
Technical Skill Development
- Build on technical competence by keeping up to date on trends and developments. Obtain deep technical expertise in the area of accounting for income taxes.
Individuals at this level are required to have an active CPA license and hold a Bachelor of accountancy or equivalent degree. A Master’s of Accountancy or Master’s of Tax is preferred. Applicants are expected to have a minimum of 3-years of experience as a senior (in-charge) accountant. Experience should also include a minimum of 5-years in federal and state corporate income tax preparation and significant experience in the preparation and review of income tax provisions (ASC 740).
Okay, we just need a little more information...
Already have an account? Sign in.