About this opportunity:
Tax managers are associates with an average of 7-12 years of experience in tax work, with an educational experiential background in accounting, financial statement preparation, tax preparation and tax law.
In addition to actively pursuing business opportunities for the firm, the tax manager plans, supervises, and completes complex individual, corporate, and partnership tax engagements in addition to researching tax issues and corresponding with the IRS.
This position supervises, reviews, trains, evaluates, and develops staff. The tax manager may perform departmental administrative functions which could include scheduling, billing, and departmental communication. The tax manager reports to tax partners.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Assist members with business development projects to help grow the firm.
- Invest time in business development activities in order to develop external relationships
- Participate in proposal process
- Recognize cross-selling opportunities and follow up on leads
- Publicly support firm policies, procedures, and peers.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Professional demeanor and appearance.
- Serve as a mentor for other staff.
- Supervise and direct interns, staff, seniors, and supervisors, and provide feedback Review the work of all levels below you on engagements and communicate findings.
- Demonstrate the ability to serve as a role model and coach for all levels below you.
- Communicate firm policies and technical information
- Assist the members with department administration, quality control and staff training
- Serve on internal firm teams and/or assist with internal projects as requested.
- Responsible for billing and collection on engagements on which you are assigned.
- Become a resource to others and an expert in assigned areas.
- Possesses deep technical expertise and knowledge in specific industries
- Regularly update knowledge base of all professional pronouncements and regulations.
- Develop and maintain strong business relationships with clients
- Become key contact for client questions.
- Manage client expectations concerning new tax laws and projects.
- Responsible for the planning and completion of all engagement administration.
- Identify issues and recommend creative solutions to complex client issues.
A minimum of a bachelor's degree in accounting or related field is required. Successful candidates will possess the Certified Public Accountants (CPA) license, as well as demonstrated knowledge of basic accounting principles and proficiency in related computer software.
For immediate consideration please send your Resume/CV to [email protected]
Joe DiGennaro * National Sales & Recruitment Manager
1201 S. Orlando Ave., Suite 440 * Winter Park, FL 32789
O: 407-392-3128 * M: 407-917-7584
Okay, we just need a little more information...
Already have an account? Sign in.