VALiNTRYfinancial specializes in helping Highly Qualified CPA's find amazing new opportunities. As with all our Public Accounting roles, to be considered you must have 3+ years of current / recent U.S. based Public Accounting Firm experience and your U.S. State issued CPA License must be Active or in process.
About this Opportunity:
We understand it takes balance for our professionals to perform their best. That’s why we are committed to providing oversight for a proper work-life balance. Whether you are in need of a vacation or feeling under the weather, our personal time off program has you covered. Additionally, we work with our team to develop a challenging yet flexible working environment, and offer a wide variety of perks and benefits, such as: The opportunity to work with firm leaders – not just for them, Leadership development programs, The chance to work on a variety of engagements, Flexibility in hours, Competitive compensation, Paid time off, Health, vision and dental insurance, Long-term disability insurance, 401(k) plan with profit sharing, Identity theft coverage, Life insurance coverage, Anniversary rewards program, And more.
The Tax Manager will be responsible for overseeing the preparation process of Federal and State tax returns, both individual and C- and S-corporations, as well as identify and solve ancillary tax issues, such as SALT and international, be involved in annual tax planning and research, and provide guidance and leadership to staff members.
The Tax Manager will be responsible for the following:
- Perform extensive tax research on complex tax issues
- Manage engagement team members to ensure timely completion of assigned tasks and be a resource for team members
- Provide guidance/mentorship to staff and assist them in developing technical skills
- Maintain timely and accurate communication with team and clients to manage expectations, deadlines, and deliverables
- Build strong client relationships and ensure client needs are being met
- Demonstrate advanced technical aptitude of taxation and handle complex returns and projects with confidence
- Lead preparation of complex tax returns including: individuals, C-Corps, S-Corp, partnerships, trust, estate, etc. for clients in a variety of industries
- Review the work of associates involving individual and corporate federal and state income tax returns
- Utilize analytical and decision-making skills to solve complex technical issues
- Ability to train new employees on firm technology, processes and procedures
- Seek opportunities to participate in practice development to build network of referral sources
- Present new ideas and improvements for ways of performing tasks in order to achieve firm and departmental goals
Compensation for the Tax Manager will be commensurate with experience.
Background Job Requirements for the Tax Manager include:
- Master’s degree in Accounting/Taxation
- CPA licensed
- 7+ years tax experience in a public accounting firm (at least in Manager role)
- Strong analytical, research and critical thinking skills
- Ability to make and support decisions regarding accounting and tax matters
- Ability to perform and direct multiple engagements
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Ability to mentor, lead, and train people and can adapt to different learning styles of others
- Extensive knowledge of S-Corp and partnership returns
- CCH Axcess software experience
- Ability to work independently, but also in a team environment
- Highly motivated, self-starter with ability to multitask
For immediate consideration please send your Resume/CV to [email protected]
Joe DiGennaro * National Sales & Recruitment Manager
1201 S. Orlando Ave., Suite 440 * Winter Park, FL 32789
O: 407-392-3128 * M: 407-917-7584
Okay, we just need a little more information...
Already have an account? Sign in.