Tax Manager – Ridgefield, CT
VALiNTRY’s CPA Division works exclusively in Public Accounting as a premier, nationwide provider of staffing services for Big 4, Large, Mid-size, and Small firms. As a result, recent public accounting experience is required.
About this Opportunity:
We look for professionals with excellent client service skills, broad accounting knowledge and team players. We make it a priority to provide opportunities for professional development, career advancement and a healthy balance between work time and personal time. We offer excellent compensation and a competitive benefits package in a progressive, growth oriented professional environment.
The Tax Manager is responsible overseeing complex tax activities and clients. The Manager will be a leader and manage multiple tax engagements to deliver quality income tax services for our diverse client base. The Manager is also responsible for overseeing the performance of staff and profitability of team. This individual will be responsible for advising clients on the tax implications of their objectives, evaluating and selecting actions to lessen tax burden and cost of compliance, identifying different methods of complying with tax regulations, while acting as the primary client contact for complex tax issues.
- Prepare and review complex fiduciary income tax returns, gift tax returns, estate taxes and various other tax returns.
- Review Trust, estate, and private foundation tax returns
- Conduct complex tax research projects for high net worth clients.
- Provide tax compliance, tax planning, and estate planning services for high net worth clients.
- Provide high level personal financial and estate planning services
- Organize trust and estate financial data and communicate summary for client advisory decision-making purposes
- Review returns as a whole from a ‘big picture’ perspective
- Assist staff with correcting complex errors on tax forms
- Remain familiar with IRS guidelines and accounting principles
- Oversee various tax audits as necessary
- Interact with IRS and state tax agencies to address inquiries
- Manage daily client workflow and multiple client projects at any given time
- Complete assignments within timeline and budget
- Form ‘Trusted Advisor’ relationship with clients, primary specialty-area focused
- Hold meetings with clients to discuss strategy and recommendations
- Regularly and proactively correspond with clients regarding the status of projects
- Proactively identify areas to help clients and upsell firm services to clients as applicable
- Oversee client engagements
- Seek opportunities to be chargeable
- Seek ways to motivate staff and encourage growth
- Assist staff with development of staff interests, specialties and strengths
- Oversee delegation of work to staff to ensure non-productive time is minimized and excessive overtime mitigated
- Keeps partner informed of all important developments on engagement, analyzes problems and recommends solutions. Works closely with Partners to satisfy the needs with planning compliance.
- Monitor project profitability
- Evaluate staff members and provide constructive and timely criticism of performance
- Identify inefficiencies and share with other staff to improve and affect positive change
- Focus on meeting or exceeding target statements
- Review correspondence to client for approval and signature of a partner
- Travel roughly 15-25%. Geographic area primarily limited to Tri-State area
- Proficiency in use of computers, including use of Microsoft Excel
- Experience with tax advisory and estate planning, estate and trust administration (including probate filings and probate accounting)
- Experience providing services to private foundations, estates, and small partnerships
- Understanding of and sensitivity to confidential information
- Ability to meet time constraints and client deadlines
- Ability to work heavy overtime from January to April 15 (may be in excess of 55 hours per week). Occasional overtime work required throughout the year.
- Ability to effectively and professionally communicate in a team environment
- Ability to multi-task and manage a complex workload to meet reporting deadlines
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills
- Takes Initiative, takes ownership for actions, and sets examples for others
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or Master’s degree in accounting or taxation
- CPA certified
- Minimum 8 year’s tax and management experience with a Public Accounting firm
Fill this out to apply
Already have an account? Sign in.