Tax Manager – SALT
VALiNTRYfinancial specializes in helping Highly Qualified CPA's find amazing new opportunities. As with all our Public Accounting roles, to be considered you must have 3+ years of current / recent U.S. based Public Accounting Firm experience and your U.S. State issued CPA License must be Active or in process.
About this Opportunity:
Our Firm is seeking a SALT Tax Manager, with recent public accounting experience, to work directly with the partners of the firm using their expertise in accounting and taxation to provide state and local tax consulting and compliance services to our clients.
We are a full-service accounting firm dedicated to providing our clients with professional, personalized general accounting, tax and payroll services and guidance in a wide range of financial and business areas.
Whether an individual or business, in the metropolitan area or beyond, we offer years of valuable experience assisting clients with their tax and accounting needs.
Join our team of professionals where your hard work is appreciated and recognized.
- Must be familiar with the tax consulting process and the professionalism necessary for the effective diagnosis, solution, development and implementation of clients' tax needs.
- Will be involved with scheduling, supervising, billing and collection.
- Participation in the practice development and proposal process will also be key as we continue to grow our client base.
- The manager will work with other SALT professionals on all phases of state and local tax compliance, consulting and planning services for clients.
- Responsible for the development and motivation of all SALT engagement staff and provide them with leadership, counseling, and career guidance.
SALT Tax Manager additional responsibilities include:
- Review income and franchise tax returns and other state and local tax returns
- Research and consult on various state and local tax matters
- Utilize tax-related software to prepare, review and process returns
- Respond to inquiries from tax authorities
- Review of client documentation and related SALT workpapers for accuracy and SALT consulting
- General responsibility for supervising client SALT engagements
- Maintain a good working relationship with client management and staff at all levels to gather information and provide tax services
- Work closely with partners to promptly resolve client matters or tax issues encountered in preparation process
- Gain understanding of client operations, processes, and business objectives, and utilize that knowledge on engagements
- Attend professional development and training sessions on a regular basis
- Participate in firm practice development activities
- Maintain awareness of industry trends and governmental regulations
- Some travel will be required
- Adhere to the highest degree of professional standards and strict client confidentiality
- Development of Team Members to motivate and be respected by subordinates.
- Demonstrate positive contributions to Firm's recruitment, education, development, and retention efforts.
- Serve as Mentor/Advocate to Team Members of the Firm.
- Provides Team Members with timely and candid feedback (supporting the Firm's Performance Management Process).
Demonstrate technical competence in:
- Technology including the ability to utilize multiple systems and databases
- Working knowledge of accounting and federal taxation
- Special expertise and experience in state and local tax compliance and consulting services
- Plan and complete assignments in a timely manner
- Ability to recognize, research, document, and satisfactorily resolve technical tax issues
Contributes to Firm Growth by:
- Utilizing current relationships and contacts to generate leads for new business
- Playing an active role in practice development
- Attending various professional/community/association meetings
- Properly managing new and existing client engagements
- Providing service beyond client's expectations
- Expanding services to existing clients
- Encouraging clients to utilize firm services that will help improve their operations
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting Required
- Master's in Taxation Preferred
- 7+ Recent years of Public Accounting and Corporate Tax experience Required
- CPA Required
- Strong technical skills with an emphasis on state and local income taxes including the ability to effectively utilize technology and the commitment to learning in the technology environment
- Excellent supervisory, analytical and leadership ability
- Ability to meet challenging client requirements, provide services, and possess strong communication, interpersonal, analytical and research abilities
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs (Word and Excel required)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strict adherence to professional ethics
- Ability to successfully contribute to the success of a strategic business unit of the firm
For immediate consideration please send your Resume/CV to [email protected]
Joe DiGennaro * National Sales & Recruitment Manager
1201 S. Orlando Ave., Suite 440 * Winter Park, FL 32789
O: 407-392-3128 * M: 407-917-7584
Fill this out to apply
Already have an account? Sign in.