Tax Manager – Spokane, WA
VALiNTRY's CPA Division works exclusively in Public Accounting as a premier, nationwide provider of staffing services for Big 4, Large, Mid-size, and Small firms. As a result, recent public accounting experience is required.
About this Opportunity:
Our core purpose is helping people thrive every day. Our Core Values reflect how we manage our work, our relationships and ourselves. As an employee of the firm, you will live true to our Core Values of people first, being exceptional every day in every way, embracing change, feeling empowered through knowledge and choosing accountability. Our Core Values are the standards by which we conduct ourselves day in and day out, both internally and externally.
- Responsible for advising clients on the tax implications of their business objectives, evaluating and selecting alternative actions to lessen tax burden and cost of compliance.
- Identifying different methods of complying with tax regulations while acting as the primary client contact for complex tax issues.
- Apply knowledge to understand potential tax issues, and recognizing, communicating potential risks and potential changes in the tax policy and making top-level decisions regarding filing, preparation and resolution of questions from federal / state agencies.
- Lead critical member of the office / region leadership team and actively participate in the marketing, networking and business development within an area of expertise and specialization.
- Maintain client relationships and acting as the primary contact for complex questions.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively delegate work as needed
- Strong analytical, research and critical thinking skills as well as decision-making skills
- Capacity to work well in a team environment
- Capable of developing and managing a team of tax professionals
- Ability to compose written tax advice
- Capable of effectively developing and maintaining client relationships
- Executive presence and ability to act as primary client contact for preparation and presentation of issues and resolutions to clients
- Experience with Microsoft Office Tools (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook), and Adobe Acrobat
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or other relevant field required
- Master's degree in Accounting beneficial, Master's degree in Taxation preferred
- CPA certification strongly preferred
- Possession of other professional degrees or certifications applicable to role beneficial
- More than six (6) years of prior public accounting experience
- Prior supervisory experience required
Fill this out to apply
Already have an account? Sign in.