Tax Manager – Stamford, CT
VALiNTRYfinancial specializes in helping Highly Qualified CPA's find amazing new opportunities. As with all our Public Accounting roles, to be considered you must have 3+ years of current / recent U.S. based Public Accounting Firm experience and your U.S. State issued CPA License must be Active or in process.
The Tax Manager will lead and manage multiple tax engagements to deliver quality income tax services to our diverse client base. The manager will be responsible for advising clients on the tax implications of their business objectives, evaluating and selecting actions to lessen the tax burden and cost of compliance, identifying different methods of complying with tax regulations while acting as the primary client contact for complex tax issues. The manager should be comfortable with tax compliance on corporate and partnership returns.
- Build new and existing client relationships and demonstrate basic knowledge of client’s businesses.
- Work closely with Tax Partners to satisfy the needs with planning compliance.
- Understand and manage firm risk on tax services performed.
- Review and prepare federal and state income tax returns for corporations and partnerships.
- Prepare research memoranda, written correspondence/guidance, and other documents.
- Train and supervise staff along with reviewing and evaluating their work.
- Manage multiple clients, budgets and production goals.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required; MST preferred.
- A CPA, JD, or CFP or other related experience or certification relevant to an area of specialization.
- Minimum 6 years progressive experience in a public accounting firm or related experience.
- Proficient with corporate and partnership taxation; General International taxation experience a plus!
- Strong accounting and analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Experience as a team leader; supervising and training teams to create an atmosphere of trust; seeking diverse views to encourage improvement and innovation; and coaching staff including providing timely meaningful written and verbal feedback.
- Should have some understanding with risks associated with technical tax positions and be able to communicate these risks to the partner.
For immediate consideration please send your Resume/CV to [email protected]
Okay, we just need a little more information...
Already have an account? Sign in.