Tax Manager – Troy, MI
VALiNTRY’s CPA Division works exclusively in Public Accounting as a premier, nationwide provider of staffing services for Big 4, Large, Mid-size, and Small firms. As a result, recent public accounting experience is required.
About this Opportunity:
Our accountants are very different from your standard accountants. We not only provide small to medium enterprises with tax and accounting services, but we also work with the business owners to help them make more money and improve the quality of their lives.
We work with them to identify, implement and focus on those actions and activities that will improve their management effectiveness and help them achieve their goals.
Our team of professionals include certified public accountants, certified valuation analysts and business consultants.
- Provide a final technical review of tax returns and documents for the majority of client base
- Sign tax returns
- Research tax issues and provide solutions
- Stay abreast of developments and changes in tax law and accounting procedures
- Communicate openly with clients to meet deadlines and ensure clients’ best interests
- Direct and support team activities by promoting an enjoyable work environment and ensuring high performance
- Assign, track, and manage tasks that are sent to staff/supervisors to prepare
- Coach and develop staff and supervisors
- Continually build and nurture an internal and external network to develop new business opportunities
- Oversee and coordinate tax planning/projections for business clients and their owners
- Review all types of tax returns for closely held businesses and their owners
- Oversee real-time and monthly billing functions and collections
- Maintain public certification and adequate Continuing Professional Education (CPE) units
- Excellent problem-solving and client relations skills
- Solid communication and writing skills, including the ability to communicate solutions to tax issues to business owners
- Ability to supervise and train staff
- A strong work ethic with good communication and business writing skills
- Ability to multi task and excellent organizational skills
- A willingness to work with and learn from your peers and supervisors
- Strong self-starter who is comfortable working both independently and as a member of a team
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Masters preferred
- Certified Public Accountant
- At least six years of recent public accounting experience with an emphasis in tax
- Minimum of two (2) years of supervisory experience
Okay, we just need a little more information...
Already have an account? Sign in.