Tax Manager – Visalia, CA
VALiNTRY’s CPA Division works exclusively in Public Accounting as a premier, nationwide provider of staffing services for Big 4, Large, Mid-size, and Small firms. As a result, recent public accounting experience is required.
About this Opportunity:
We are currently seeking to hire a Manager in the Agribusiness department in our Visalia, California office. We are a rapidly growing regional accounting firm with clients extending throughout the Western States, with a strong presence in the agriculture and construction industries. The Manager reports directly to the partner or director responsible for the engagement. The applicant should possess top communication skills, be able to provide direction and technical guidance to junior staff, ability to lead primary contact with clients, proficiency to resolve tax related matters, support and build key relationships. This position provides an excellent opportunity for the right individual to develop judgment and breadth of experience needed to become a Senior Manager. We are looking for individuals who are interested in long-range career growth and have the strategic ability to plan for their professional futures. We offer a work environment that is stimulating, challenging, and fun.
- Maintain, develop and expand client relationships
- Fully administer client engagements as assigned
- Communicate progress of work to Partner(s)/Director
- Prepare client billing information and assist in collection efforts
- Meet with prospective clients and attract them by demonstrating superior accounting and consulting skills
- Focus efforts on consulting with clients on moderate to complex issues; follow-up with innovative solutions to effectively meet and exceed client expectations
- Manage all aspects of client projects, including but not limited to, delegating tasks and assisting with resolution of project issues
- Participate in personnel decisions – staff development/training/retention
- Act as a mentor to accounting staff while providing constructive feedback and identifying needs for professional development
- Recognize and take advantage of practice development opportunities
- Keep up with emerging GAAP and tax rules and regulations
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be technically proficient in broad based areas of taxation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Presentation skills and strong organizational techniques are required
- Highly motivated.
- Capable of managing multiple client engagements in addition to completing tasks related to business development.
- Able to attain visibility and recognition within your industry specialization and in your local market.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting and CPA required; Master's degree in Business Administration or Taxation a plus.
- Certified Public Accountant license required.
- Must have a minimum of 3 years of previous experience supervising and training Staff and Senior Accountants.
- Minimum of 7-years of experience gained within a public accounting firm.
Okay, we just need a little more information...
Already have an account? Sign in.