Tax Manager – Des Moines, Iowa
VALiNTRY’s CPA Division works exclusively in Public Accounting as a premier, nationwide provider of staffing services for Big 4, Large, Mid-size and Small firms. As a result, recent public accounting experience is required.
About this Opportunity:
Our mix of professional staff tends to have a higher percentage of partners, managers and other senior personnel than many other firms. This mix allows us to assign experienced personnel to our engagements, with the added benefit of reduced turnover. We choose to focus locally because we take great pride in serving the people in our community. Our dedication to service not only fosters professional excellence, but also encourages personal growth in each team member.
The Tax Manager is responsible for the delivery of a full range of tax services for multiple clients in a wide variety of industries. Responsibilities include interacting closely with clients to provide innovative tax planning, consulting, and compliance expertise; providing primary and secondary review of complex tax returns; developing and managing staff; and working closely with partners and staff on client management, practice development, and business development activities.
- Adhere to the highest degree of professional standards and strict client confidentiality.
- Collaborates with clients and firm partners to identify engagement objectives and assumes a lead role in coordinating resources to achieve objectives.
- Create engagement budgets, coordinates resources and manages performance to ensure that client (deliverables) and firm objectives are met.
- Identify engagement risks and ensures that appropriate action plan is developed to manage and address such risks.
- Participate actively in client meetings and tax planning efforts.
- Provide innovative tax planning, consulting, and compliance expertise to clients.
- Perform technical tax reviews and approve majority of returns.
- Research tax issues as they arise, prepare memos to support tax positions
- Assume full responsibility for larger tax returns and delegate as deemed necessary.
- Conduct primary and secondary review of complicated or complex income tax returns.
- Maintain active communication with clients to manage expectations, ensure satisfaction, make sure deadlines are met, and lead efforts effectively.
- Lead tax engagements, including developing existing client relations and prospective client relationship to foster the Firm's business goals.
- Begin to develop one or more areas of technical specializations and start to engage in servicing clients in such areas.
- Develop a project vision and set challenging personal and client service team goals.
- Integrate practice development skills.
- Mentor tax seniors and staff in developing and achieving goals and objectives for performance and professional development.
- Provides feedback of the work of tax seniors and staff.
- Perform other job related duties as necessary.
The successful candidate will possess the following basic qualifications:
- Excellent project management, analytical, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Strong experience in staff and tax management.
- Strong leadership, training, and mentoring skills.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic team environment
- Professionalism, dependability, integrity and trustworthiness combined with a cooperative attitude.
- Highly motivated self-starter with ability to multitask and complete assignments within time constraints and deadlines.
- Dedicated to superior client service.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
- CPA Designation Required
- 4+ years of experience required
For immediate consideration please send your Resume/CV to [email protected]
1201 S. Orlando Avenue, Suite 440
Winter Park, FL 32789
T: 407-392-3128 | M: 407-917-7584
E: [email protected]
As a reminder, we can only represent candidates with recent public accounting experience. Thank you for understanding.
Fill this out to apply
Already have an account? Sign in.