CPA Tax Senior – Appleton, WI
VALiNTRY’s CPA Division works exclusively in Public Accounting as a premier, nationwide provider of staffing services for Big 4, Large, Mid-size and Small firms. As a result, recent public accounting experience is required.
About this Opportunity:
We are a top 15* full-service accounting and advisory firm with specialized professionals who connect with you and your business through refreshing candor and clear industry insight.
Our vision is to become America's Finest Professional Services Firm. It is a big goal, but one that we believe is within reach.
We live core values of integrity, passion and stewardship. They are our north star and represent who we are, what we stand for and what we are working together to achieve.
Our shared commitment to these values makes us Valued Business Advisors for our clients and enables the value they deliver to society.
- Provide tax compliance and consulting services to partnerships, corporations, s-corporations, and individuals for a variety of middle market clients and emerging businesses.
- Assume tax-planning responsibilities for federal and individual clients, participate in complex tax research projects for clients, and research a wide range of tax issues related to business transactions for a variety of entities and their affiliates.
- Research and consult on various tax matters, respond to IRS and other tax authority inquiries when requested, make recommendations to the client for consideration.
- Provide recommendations for business and process improvements based upon knowledge gained relative to the client's operations, processes, and business objectives.
- Proactively build relationships and communicate effectively with the client to provide superior client service.
- Supervise and lead the staff through counsel, guidance and coaching. Evaluate performance on client engagements.
- Invest in professional development through active participation in training sessions and networking events both internally and externally.
- Assist with recruiting activities to include campus recruiting along with referring experienced individuals to the firm and participating in the firm's Employee Referral Bonus Program.
- Demonstrate excellent team skills, positive attitude and high ethical standards.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or equivalent, 150 credits to sit for the CPA exam required. Master’s Degree, Juris Doctor or other applicable advanced degree preferred
- CPA and/or JD preferred
- Two (2) to five (5) years of experience in a professional services firm providing tax compliance services
- Experience preparing and reviewing corporate returns, flow through entities, and individual returns
- Demonstrated analytical, organization, interpersonal, project management, communication skills, and highly developed Microsoft Suite skills (Word, Excel) required
Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
CPA or JD required
2-5 years public accounting experience
Fun Facts About Appleton, WI
- The Fox River runs through the heart of Appleton. The Fox River is unusual in that it flows north for its entire course. It exits into Lake Michigan at Green Bay about 30 miles to the north of Appleton.
- Lawrence is located adjacent to downtown Appleton, a vibrant community of 74,000 in which the city and the college benefit from one another. The Fox Cities, a cluster of 20 cities and towns along the Fox River with a combined population of more than 250,000, is one of the fastest growing metropolitan areas in the state and has consistently been named one of the best medium-size metropolitan areas in the nation, based on quality-of-life indicators.
As a reminder, we can only represent candidates with recent public accounting experience. Thank you for understanding.
Fill this out to apply
Already have an account? Sign in.