Tax Senior Associate
VALiNTRY’s CPA Division works exclusively in Public Accounting as a premier, nationwide provider of staffing services for Big 4, Large, Mid-size and Small firms. As a result, recent public accounting experience for a U.S. Public Firm is required.
Originally founded in 1950, our firm currently has approximately 650 employees in nine U.S. locations. The firm has seven Texas offices in as well as offices in Los Angeles and New York. They are ranked as the largest independent accounting firm in the Southwest by Accounting Today magazine.
Our firm serves a broad range of clients including large national and international companies, public and privately-held businesses, nonprofit organizations and governmental entities. In addition to traditional assurance and tax services, they also provide numerous advisory services, including risk advisory; financial advisory; IT advisory; forensic accounting; litigation support; international; property tax; state and local tax; and wealth management services.
Prepare complex tax returns for partnerships, provide consultative services to clients, review the work product of team staff members, and begin participating in engagement planning and client management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Adhere to the Firm’s policies and procedures, ACTION philosophy, demonstrate their importance to others, and provide input to management on suggested modifications to Firm policies and procedures as necessary.
- Work closely with all team members to identify and resolve issues encountered in engagement objectives through effective and timely communication.
- Consistently assume responsibility for assigned engagements under the supervision of more experienced staff and prepare tax returns and/or communicated engagement objectives with limited guidance.
- Keep supervisors apprised of assignment status and progress through timely communication.
- Maintain and continue to develop good working relationships and demonstrate effective communication with client personnel at appropriate levels.
- Exhibit initiative and sense of responsibility by ensuring follow through of open items and issues through completion.
- Demonstrate the ability to plan, prepare, and deliver work independently with limited supervision.
- Demonstrate the ability to prioritize and manage multiple assignments of varying sizes and complexity within given timeframe and budget.
- Continue to develop knowledge of all services offered by the firm and look for cross-selling opportunities.
- Continue to expand understanding of tax and accounting concepts and knowledge.
- Gain an understanding of the firm’s billing standards and look for opportunities to become responsibly involved in billing.
- Continue development of technical expertise in niche area and gain an understanding of the industry as a whole.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships and demonstrate effective communication with client personnel at appropriate levels.
- Research and resolve technical and complex tax return and accounting issues, consulting with more experienced staff as necessary.
- Prioritize and manage multiple assignments of varying sizes and complexity within given timeframe and budget.
- Participate with planning activities related to assigned projects.
- Assist and mentor staff, actively cultivating an environment that challenges, encourages, and fosters learning.
- Monitor and supervise progress of staff in all engagement phases; provide performance feedback when needed.
- Effectively delegate tasks to facilitate professional development and efficient utilization of firm resources.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of the clients’ operations and accounting systems, financial condition, and the industry in which it operates.
- Maintain appropriate professionalism in client and team interactions.
- Responsible for ensuring that deliverables and workpapers produced by team members are clear and concise, and comply with firm standards.
- Demonstrate the ability to identify and develop budget and deadline considerations and strive for adherence.
- Work with your Direct Report to develop a charge goal, along with a plan to achieve and monitor your monthly and annual goal.
- Work with direct report manager to develop an appropriate plan of professional development, professional reading, and CPE, and take responsibility to ensure that plan is achieved.
- Demonstrate significant progress towards acquisition of CPA license if not already licensed.
- Be familiar with and adhere to relevant ethical requirements of the AICPA, contained in the Code of Professional Conduct, the Texas State Board of Public Accountancy, and the Texas Society of CPA’s in discharging their professional responsibilities.
Corporate Compliance Responsibilities:
Understands and adheres to the policies and procedures compliance standards as set forth by the firm. Ensure that the staff are trained and evaluated on their knowledge of and adherence to compliance policies and procedures specific to their jobs.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions, unless it would cause an undue hardship. The employee or potential employee still has his or her responsibility to be able to perform the essential duties of the position.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field.
- Master’s degree in Accounting or related field preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Team orientation and strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Demonstrate independent thinking and strong decision-making skills.
- Sufficient technical skills to perform all essential duties and responsibilities for the position.
- CPA candidate required, CPA strongly preferred.
- 3- 4+ years of public accounting experience, industry, or a combination of public accounting and industry, with a strong background in Partnerships.
- Experience supervising 2 to 6 or more individuals.
- Experience in managing multiple project and engagement teams for various clients
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time and work with exposure to noise at various levels for an office environment.
- Ability to type on a keyboard and look at computer screen for 8 hours or more a day.
- Ability to handle deadline pressure as it applies to the department engagements.
- Overtime may be required.
- Ability to lift up to 5 pounds on a frequent basis; up to 25 pounds on an infrequent basis.
- Position requires tolerance for moderate stress.
- Ability to move, stoop, and/or bend over repeatedly as needed to reach files, workpapers, and other office materials.
- Travel may be required. Trips may be required with minimal notice.
For immediate consideration please send your Resume/CV to [email protected]
1201 S. Orlando Avenue, Suite 440
Winter Park, FL 32789
T: 407-392-3128 | M: 407-917-7584
E: [email protected]
As a reminder, we can only represent candidates with recent public accounting experience. Thank you for understanding.
Fill this out to apply
Already have an account? Sign in.