Tax Senior – Chattanooga, TN
We are seeking a Senior Accountant in our Tax Services department to join our growing team of professionals in our Chattanooga Office.
The Tax Senior Accountant is responsible for preparing complex business and individual returns, tax planning engagements, tax research projects and other tax consulting projects.
PRIMARY DUTIES | RESPONSIBILITIES
- Applying the knowledge obtained through previous work experience as a Tax Staff Accountant, completes work assignments given, including preparing individual and business tax returns, research projects, and consulting projects.
- From personal knowledge or by research, readily prepare tax returns and resolve most tax questions.
- Able to make decisions on ordinary tax return matters.
- Set appointments with clients, interview clients, assemble information and prepare or arrange for the preparation of federal, state and local returns.
- Maintains control on time and charges. Recommends billing to supervisor, manager, or partner-in-charge for tax clients.
- Reviews and manages less difficult business and individual returns, tax planning engagements, tax research projects and other tax consulting projects.
- Adheres to the contents of the firm's processes and procedures including knowledge of the firm's policy on privacy and the CPA-client confidentiality privilege under Internal Revenue Code section 7525. Knows and follows the rules, regulations, and the Code of Professional Conduct of the AICPA (including the Statements on Standards for Tax Services), Treasury Department Circular 230, the Tennessee Society of CPAs, and the Tennessee Board of Public Accountancy.
- Continues to develop technical skills in accounting taxation and consulting as work experience increases and applies those skills to work performed for clients.
- Obtains an annual utilization budget of 1,700 chargeable hours.
- Bachelor's degree plus completion of additional course hours necessary to be qualified to sit for the CPA exam.
- Should have CPA license or actively working towards achieving CPA license.
- 3-5 years previous experience as a Staff or Senior Accountant in Tax at a public accounting firm is required.
Okay, we just need a little more information...
Already have an account? Sign in.