Tax Senior – Columbia, Maryland
VALiNTRY’s CPA Division works exclusively in Public Accounting as a premier, nationwide provider of staffing services for Big 4, Large, Mid-size and Small firms. As a result, recent public accounting experience is required.
About this Opportunity:
The key to providing exceptional client service is more than hiring the best talent. It’s about fostering a work environment where you feel like you’re part of a successful and supportive team. You can expect a different working experience at our firm; one that is encouraging, where you can make an impact. Our goal is to provide you with challenging and rewarding opportunities that will lead to greater career satisfaction. Our firm has been proudly been awarded as a “Best Place to Work” by the Baltimore Business Journal, Baltimore Sun and Accounting Today numerous times. Here, you’ll find great benefits, competitive salaries, training and unlimited growth potential in a friendly working environment. At our firm, we regard our employees as the most valuable asset and resource to the success of our firm. We are committed to understanding the needs of our employees.
The Tax Associate prepares federal and state tax returns for business and individuals in addition to other special projects as assigned.
- Prepare business tax returns including multi-state, consolidated, and partnership returns with the ability to address basic tax concepts
- Prepare high net worth individual tax returns
- Prepare other tax filing forms and special projects as assigned
- Utilize and develop a basic understanding of various tax matters
- Navigate tax and accounting software
- Effectively prioritize assigned tasks
- Proactively build relationships and communicate effectively with all employment levels
- Demonstrate excellent team skills, positive attitude and high ethical standards
- Commit to professional development through active participation in training sessions and networking events both internally and externally
- Work diligently towards achievement of CPA license, if not currently licensed
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting required and CPA or JD preferred
- Must have at least 2+ years of corporate federal tax compliance and tax consulting experience pertaining to planning, research and general mergers and acquisitions activities
- Experience in public accounting
- Masters in Taxation desirable
- A proven record of building profitable, sustainable client relationships
- A proven record of simultaneously managing multiple projects and engagement teams for various clients
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly developed problem solving and analytical skills
- Project management and critical thinking skills
- Strong Microsoft Excel and Word skills required
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills; ability to prioritize multiple assignments
- Strong attention to detail
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
- CPA/Eligible Designation Required
- 2+ years of experience required
Okay, we just need a little more information...
Already have an account? Sign in.