Tax Senior (CPA) – Austin, TX
VALiNTRYfinancial specializes in helping Highly Qualified CPAs find amazing new opportunities. As with all our Public Accounting roles, to be considered you must have 3+ years of current / recent U.S. based Public Accounting Firm experience and your U.S. State issued CPA License must be Active or in process.
This position is temporarily remote due to COVID-19.
Come join our client as a Tax Senior! Our Client is building the next frontier of services for their customers: business tax advisory and preparation. In this role, you'll work to serve our small business customers by providing tailored advice on tax-related issues, help them navigate business tax planning, and file business taxes on their behalf.
This role is an exciting opportunity for tax professionals with a passion for working with small business customers and empowering them to succeed in a dynamic new part of the team. You'll be expected to help us build systems and tools to serve our small business customers, and you'll be at the frontier of the business tax experience as we test and learn how to best offer our service.
Role responsibilities include:
- Prepare personal and business tax returns (Forms: 1040, 1041, 1065, 1120, 1120S) across the United States, including signing returns
- Provide tax advisory and planning services to small business customers
- Interact with clients digitally (video conference and over the phone) to provide tax advisory and support – understanding tax obligations, helping with tax planning, helping businesses track and maximize deductions, etc.
- Provide delightful, high-quality customer service while utilizing company practices and procedures to answer routine tax questions and documenting interactions with clients
- Review tax returns prepared by other members on the team and manage for high-quality output
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or Taxation with a CPA designation or able to receive CPA within first 6 months of employment
- 2-5 years of experience in tax preparation and tax advisory, with working knowledge of federal and state tax compliance
- Experience using tax software such as Lacerte or ProConnect and bookkeeping software (Quickbooks Online preferred)
- Exceptional level of attention to detail and accountability to high-quality tax preparation standards
- Enthusiasm for serving customers and working on a team with other like-minded tax experts, especially in a dynamic and evolving work environment
- Experience using accounting software such as QuickBooks Online and/or Xero
- High-quality communication skills (written and oral)
- Excel at organization and problem solving with strong time-management skills
- Candidates will be licensed CPAs, EAs, or must pass all 3 parts of the [SEE] within 6 months of their start date.
- Must be eligible to work in the US
For a list of our current openings please visit Valintry's Jobs Webpage
Applicants for this opportunity must have an unrestricted right to work in the United States.
[Persons in H-l, L-l, and OPT EAD status do not have unrestricted right to work.]
Okay, we just need a little more information...
Already have an account? Sign in.