VALiNTRYfinancial specializes in helping Highly Qualified CPA's find amazing new opportunities. As with all our Public Accounting roles, to be considered you must have 3+ years of current / recent U.S. based Public Accounting Firm experience and your U.S. State issued CPA License must be Active or in process.
Responsible for the administration of engagements. May serve as liaison between the client and the supervisor, manager, senior manager, and/or shareholder in the overall planning and administration of an engagement.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops ability to supervise and prioritize simultaneous engagements and delegate duties.
- Accountable for performance of engagements within the identified scope of the project.
- Is alert to client needs (areas needing improvement as well as additional services) during all phases of the engagement and reports needs to engagement manager.
- Keeps informed of financial and other business developments in the client's organization and industry and communicates findings with colleagues.
- Makes recommendations for refinement of engagement procedures to increase job efficiency and effectiveness.
- Tracks time on client engagements and maintains appropriate records according to firm standards.
- Communicates effectively with clients on a one–on-one basis and reports results to colleagues.
- Seeks to achieve personal production budget by working efficiently on assigned projects, identifying additional services for clients, and notify others of her / his availability for additional chargeable work.
- Maintains a high level of professional qualifications and an awareness of current trends in assigned areas of expertise.
- Maintains a high level of personal qualifications by a continuous program of self-improvement.
- Resolves many technical questions.
- Reviews work for completeness, accuracy, and technical issues.
- Anticipates and resolves problems before they develop. Communicates with the supervisor, manager, senior manager, and/or shareholder.
- Participates in on-the-job training of staff.
- Monitors deadlines for assigned client services and regulatory filings.
- Communicates with other service team colleagues regarding work progress, unusual developments, and clients' attitudes, ideas, and operating changes.
- Completes timely evaluations of individuals assigned to engagements.
- Works effectively with others promoting and supporting cooperative behavior and team efforts.
- Develops solid marketing skills and stature within the community to generate new clientele for the firm utilizing the Success3 model.
- Participates in office / firm marketing efforts and works to attain a standard of 20% of non-billable time invested in marketing efforts.
- Coaches and mentors staff as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Characteristics:
- Strong Microsoft desktop operating and application software experience required
- Solid ability to use other service area-specific application software.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees and clients.
- Ability to perform with minimal supervision.
- Advanced organizational skills.
- Advanced research skills and ability to interpret and apply rules / regulations to specific situations.
- Willingness to adapt to changing situations and needs in a positive manner.
- Willingness to work increased hours during peak work cycles.
- Willingness to travel as required.
- Demonstrated compliance with firm policies.
- Positive attitude toward the firm's vision and goals and adhere to the firm's core values and mission statement.
Education and Expertise:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting Required
- Master's in Taxation Preferred
- 2+ yrs. of Public Accounting Experience Required
- CPA active or in process Required
For immediate consideration please send your Resume/CV to [email protected]
Joe DiGennaro * National Sales & Recruitment Manager
1201 S. Orlando Ave., Suite 440 * Winter Park, FL 32789
O: 407-392-3128 * M: 407-917-7584
Okay, we just need a little more information...
Already have an account? Sign in.