Tax Senior – Los Angeles CA
VALiNTRY's CPA Division works exclusively in Public Accounting as a premier, nationwide provider of staffing services for Big 4, Large, Mid-size and Small firms. As a result, recent public accounting experience is required.
Responsible for organizing and coordinating clients' tax data for the accurate, timely completion of tax returns.
- Reviews tax information submitted by client for completeness; meets with or calls clients with questions.
- Possesses knowledge of tax regulations in order to answer clients' questions.
- Prepares personal tax returns of various complexities through utilization of computer software.
- Prepares corporate, partnership, and S-corp returns not requiring advanced expertise.
- Prepares amended returns of any variety and complexity.
- Prepares personal tax projections through utilization of computer software.
- Responds to tax notices of any sort and does initial drafts of any letters required.
- Performs tax research projects requiring minimal expertise.
- Completes S-election and requests for accounting changes, as required.
- Makes adjusting entries and completes trial balances in order to prepare a tax return.
- Maintains a good understanding of depreciation and depreciation computer software package in order to set up clients and read and understand depreciation reports.
- Prepares tax accruals as may be required in preparing corporate tax returns.
- Works with confidential client matters; requires ability to keep matters confidential.
- Occasionally supervises and train tax associates.
- Performs such other duties as may be assigned.
- At least two (2) years experience preparing individual, corporate, and partnership tax returns.
- At least one (1) year experience using computerized tax preparation, tax planning, and tax research software.
- Ability to operate a computer, calculator and other general office equipment.
- Ability to prepare complex and specialized tax returns.
- Ability to conduct special projects as well as tax research.
- Ability to supervise and train tax staff.
- Familiarity with all types of filing forms.
- Compliance with individual and business federal and multi-state tax returns.
- Experience with tax research and preparation software.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business, or related equivalent.
- Either hold a current and valid certified public accountant's license, or be working toward obtaining the license by taking and passing the applicable state CPA exam.
As a reminder, we can only represent candidates with recent public accounting experience. Thank you for understanding.
Okay, we just need a little more information...
Already have an account? Sign in.