Tax Senior Manager – Kansas City MO
VALiNTRY’s CPA Division works exclusively in Public Accounting as a premier, nationwide provider of staffing services for Big 4, Large, Mid-size and Small firms. As a result, recent public accounting experience for a U.S. Public Firm is required.
- Serve as client’s trusted advisor, demonstrates knowledge of industry trends, identify client issues and conflicts; proactively communicate solution options to client and team
- Manage staff on engagement deliverables (such as financial statements, tax returns, work papers, etc.); complete technical and strategic reviews as a member of the final engagement review team to ensure quality control standards are met; ensure on time delivery and on budget
- Demonstrate proficient technical skills for handling all client responsibilities, including knowledge of trends, industries, alternatives, etc.
- Understand the client’s organization, procedures and internal policies
- Reviewing complex tax returns including international, federal and multi-state returns for C Corporations, S corporations, partnerships, high net worth individuals, trusts & estates, and foundations
- Understanding your clients’ goals and needs and servicing clients directly
- Owning client relationships and work
- Strategizing with Managing Directors regarding tax planning
- Provide clients’ with recommendations and guidance on how to achieve their goals and assist in identifying opportunities for growth with clients
- Researching tax issues and providing guidance to clients
- Working closely with staff, and assisting senior management in mentoring, coaching, training, supervising, and evaluating staff
- Foster a team environment; demonstrates support of management and decisions and build a positive culture
- Participate in practice development activities that lead to the generation of new business and the opportunities for cross-serves
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred in Accounting, Taxation or related field
- 8 years technical tax experience in public accounting, or related field
- 5 supervisory experiences
- Must have active CPA or equivalent certification
- Ability to manage all aspects of client engagements
- Demonstrated ability to communicate verbally and in writing throughout all levels of organization, both internally and externally
- Demonstrated leadership and supervisory ability, strong operational and project management skills
- Must be able to travel based on client and business needs
- Proficient use of applicable technology
- Bachelor's in accounting
- We require recent public accounting experience.
As a reminder, we can only represent candidates with recent public accounting experience. Thank you for understanding.
Okay, we just need a little more information...
Already have an account? Sign in.