Tax Supervisor- Los Angeles CA
VALiNTRY's CPA Division works exclusively in Public Accounting as a premier, nationwide provider of staffing services for Big 4, Large, Mid-size and Small firms. As a result, recent public accounting experience is required.
Responsible for organizing and coordinating clients' tax data for the accurate, timely completion of tax returns with additional supervisory responsibilities.
- Establishes and maintains prompt, professional and courteous relationships with clients.
- Performs preliminary reviews of tax returns prepared by Seniors and Associates.
- Utilizes mastery of essential tax regulation and working knowledge of more complex regulations in order to answer clients' questions.
- Updates Managers and Partners on engagements to ensure profitability of engagements.
- Ensures the continued success of the department by beginning to participate in the recruiting and mentorship programs at the Firm.
- Supervises Senior and Associate accountants in the tax department to ensure that all engagements are completed on time.
- Reviews tax information submitted by client for completeness; meets with or calls clients with questions.
- Prepares tax exempt returns of increased complexity.
- Prepares amended returns of any variety and complexity.
- Technical knowledge of the Form 990 and all required schedules and Form 990-PF.
- A solid understanding of Unrelated Business Income.
- Prepares and reviews excise tax calculations for Private Foundations.
- Experience with exempt organizations that have consolidated audit financials.
- Technical knowledge of the Form 1023 Tax Exemption Application.
- Responds to tax notices of any sort and does initial drafts of any letters required.
- Performs tax research projects requiring some expertise.
- Makes adjusting entries and completes trial balances in order to prepare a tax return.
- Works with confidential client matters; requires ability to keep matters confidential.
- Supervises and trains Seniors and Associates in the Tax Department.
- Performs such other duties as may be assigned.
- At least two (2) years experience preparing tax exempt returns.
- At least one (1) year experience using computerized tax preparation, tax planning, and tax research software.
- Ability to operate a computer, calculator and other general office equipment.
- Ability to prepare complex and specialized tax returns.
- Ability to conduct special projects as well as tax research.
- Ability to supervise and train tax staff.
- Familiarity with all types of filing forms.
- Compliance with tax exempt entities and multi-state tax returns.
- Experience with tax research and preparation software.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business, or related equivalent, as well as CPA certification
As a reminder, we can only represent candidates with recent public accounting experience. Thank you for understanding.
Okay, we just need a little more information...
Already have an account? Sign in.